Trailer Trash

What Day is it Thursdaily (Read 17 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Does not feel like a Thursday.  Mid-week holidays really mess me up. At least in 2020, Christmas and New Years Day will be on Fridays.

I have not missed a running day all year!  8 miles today on the road.

Mandy - thanks for review, I watched Dawn Wall and it was awesome. I remember following the web-cam when it was going on.  I read a lot after the climb, but somehow missed the movie.  Well worth seeing.

QOTD:  What's streaming?  We're 1/2 way through Mrs Maisel season 3.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I’m also 2 for 2 this year, ran 5 mi in the cool rain this morning.

AT, about the mid-week holiday, I’m off work today and not sure what others around here are doing, but I didn’t see anyone else out there today except one other poor wet guy walking his dog. It’s a good day to stay inside around here today.

qotd: we’ve also been watching the latest seasons of Mrs Maizel and also The Crown.  We watched the first season of American Vandal at the suggestion of DD’s friend, it was “entertaining” but I think we we are too old to get it all.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I hope to get in some running tonight.

Mandy: I finished The Dawn Wall - very good. Had me hooked throughout the whole film.  I also saw Valley Uprising.  Very interesting.  It's funny that I have no interest in climbing after seeing these.  I also now have no interest in visiting Yosemite after seeing just how many tourists visit.  Maybe I will change my mind on that though.  Would be great to see El Cap and Half Dome - from the ground and maybe from the top.

QOTD: Lost in Space on Netflix and Mandalorian on Disney+

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Jamie - Yosemite is beautiful. Go on September when's schools are in. You can take your DW on a date. . Seriously, it's a spectacular NP. We camped there years ago and want to go back. Got up early to see the sunrise on Dawn Wall. Several people around, and no one spoke a word.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Easy 5.1 mile recovery run

Dr. J - Don't let the summer crowds deter you from visiting Yosemite.  Go in the shoulder or off season.  Also there's a lot more than the valley, though that's the most spectacular portion.  Tuolomne Grove and Tuolomne Meadows areas have some great hikes and far less crowding, at least when I was there.

qotd: Nothing here unless you count weekend track meets and races where I can find live streaming

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

dhuffman63

Trails

Almost done here for today...it's been long (feels like).  Been playing around with the new Garmin and I'm impressed with all it does...even if I don't use most of the activities.  I'll be curious as to whether the battery lasts for the whole 24 Hour even in Ultratrac mode.

Have a 30 min tonight.  It's been easy to stick to the plan when the weeks are in time and weekends are in miles.

qotd: not really...DH likes to watch Trailer Park Boys and we saw a couple of episodes of Peaky Blinders.