Trailer Trash

Taper Thursdaily (Read 17 times)

runtraildc

Ok, maybe just a taper for the Goat Head 50k and GVRAT folks .  I decided to not run today so I can do something else, knowing that other exercise types (yoga?) might be on the backburner for a while. And it's really windy with thunderstorms imminent. I can come up with a few more excuses, given the time. I did my foot and ankle exercises before getting out of bed this morning so I figure that was a good start. I've had a niggle in my left heel for a few weeks, so I'm working on my foot strenght and stability so see if that might help.

qotd: Any niggles, aches, pains or (hopefully not) injuries you're dealing with? See above. I'm hoping it's not early stages of arthritis, but being the ankle I have sprained repeatedly and significantly, I can't rule out that possibility. I'm also trying to walk barefoot around the house more. I always wear slippers or house flip flops so that might be contributing to the issue, as well.

Also found out I am bib # 3719 for GVRAT!  Have a good day runners!

dhuffman63

Trails

Hi Run! LOL the last 5 months have been a taper for me.

qotd: I'd been having some left heel pain too...not just when getting out of bed but all day long no matter what I was doing every few minutes I'd get a burning pain...finally retired the shoes I'd been wearing and put on a new pair that had been in reserve and presto...no pain.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Just 2 miles last night.  Today is a rest day as 1.) I need it and 2.) it's raining and storming all day.

QOTD: (knock on wood) Feeling mostly good.  My toenail on my one big toe is half off - this stretches back to Stone Mill 50 in November.  It never really came off but has slowly been dying.  Now it's in that half off and growing back stage and a little painful.  But if that's the worst issue, I will take it!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 5 miles in on the trails with Tiny E yesterday, I think we hit 80 degrees- that equals 110 this time of year , fortunately it was just a one day anomaly, back into the 50's today!

will hit the trails later today

qotd: like Jamie I'll preface it with a knock on wood, feeling good- I am sore as hell from the crossfit workout Tuesday night, but it's the good kind of sore Smile

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Montour 24 has been cancelled. Saw the notice on runsignup this morning.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                  06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Tapering for big things in May, go us!

Easy 60 minute run on the schedule today.  I might hit the open space trails behind my neighborhood after work.  Some good news and some bad news here.  San Mateo Co. parks are reopening on May 4th!  (Assuming people maintain social distancing and don't do stupid stuff...).  Otherwise the SF Bay Area is extending the shelter in place orders through the end of May, with some loosening in a few areas.

DHuff, I've never done any kind of streak before either.  I'm thinking I need to get in the habit of going for a short walk at a certain time every day.  I've started doing that this week, and it's nice.  Maybe you could add a little after you do your chores, do some loops around your property or something.  Running is not required, plenty of hikers and walkers in the Head Goat group.

QOTD: nothing current, but I had some left Achilles pain after some long pavement runs earlier this month.  I'm hopeful that will go away when I can get back to the trails more.

6/9/24 Cinderella Trail Run 50k, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

AT-runner

Tim

TM part not here yet and raining cats and dogs, so Bike Trainer it is for today.

DC - I'm Bib #5320 for GVRAT.  Friday is usually a day off, but since today is a TURD Taper Day before the GVRAT starts (May 1st) I'll do some miles tomorrow.

Montour 24 has been cancelled. Saw the notice on runsignup this morning.

Yep, got the e-mail last night. This was the only race we entered this year. They are refunding 100% of fees back to your credit card.

Now we know.

Places Johnny Cash has "been"  vs the COVID-19 Map. Coincidence? I think NOT.

He's Been Everywhere, Man, He's Been Everywhere.

QOTD:  Just some continued (being told probably permanent) Lyme symptoms. Get one bad day every 10 days or so. Orthopedically I'm feeling pretty good.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Got up and did 10 mi this morning.  55 deg this morning overruled any ideas for "tapering" for the GVRAT.

Gatsby - just so ya know....  any miles you do while running other organized runs (virtual or otherwise) can also count as GVRAT miles....  just sayin'. 

AT - I hadn't realized that Johnny Cash was the Typhoid Mary of COVID.  Makes sense to me since he's been Everywhere Man.

qotd: also knocking on wood, feeling ok at the moment (of course that is ignoring my lower back as always).

tbd.

XtremeTaper

I ran some road miles mid morning to beat the heavy rain. I think it's forecast to roll in here early afternoon. Did not want to push if off to the noontime hour and my schedule allowed for it today. I have to keep my pandemic streak going.

Rather warm and windy out there. I did 4 miles solo, about 9 minute pace (argh I am so slow now) then spun back to house, picked up Baker and did 2 more miles at an even slower pace. Wind felt like it was out of the southwest. A few comical moments of "running to stand still" when heading directly into the gusts. So 6 miles in about an hour for me.

QOTD: Usual here. CKS. Creaky Knee Syndrome.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

Two miles this morning.

QOTD: No issues to report.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

When you've never used Paint or any similar program, it isn't easy at my age to figure out how to edit a pdf file (I don't think it can be done with Paint), then figuring out how to save a screen shot to edit instead, and finally figuring out how to actually edit the resulting file.  Anyway here's what I finally ended up with

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                              06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran my coastal run this morning and it was phenomenally beautiful...beside the ocean ...the wild flowers were going off...I’ll post a picture later.

qotd:  I have that ganglion cyst on my hand that is preventing me from working but not running...oh shucks!   

george:  way to push through your limits a succeed in posting the bib number.  I will get my posted later tonight.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

When you've never used Paint or any similar program, it isn't easy at my age to figure out how to edit a pdf file (I don't think it can be done with Paint), then figuring out how to save a screen shot to edit instead, and finally figuring out how to actually edit the resulting file.  Anyway here's what I finally ended up with

Dude, I’m not your age and I’d have been totally lost with this. Nice job, looks great.

6/9/24 Cinderella Trail Run 50k, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR