Trail Runners

New Jersey Trail Series (Read 296 times)

Hi guys, I just wanted make those of you in the Northeast aware of the New Jersey Trail Series.  I had the opportunity to run the Muddy Marathon and know from other sources that this is a really great series of trail races.  The race director (not me) is a member of the RunningAHEAD community. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I'm going to jump into the NJ 100 at the ultra distance festival in March.  Looking forward to that one.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

On On

Hi guys, I just wanted make those of you in the Northeast aware of the New Jersey Trail Series.  I had the opportunity to run the Muddy Marathon and know from other sources that this is a really great series of trail races.  The race director (not me) is a member of the RunningAHEAD community. 

Thanks Nader for giving the heads up to the Community here.   Just an FYI we have runners participate from almost 30 States as of now so you don't have to live in the Northeast (plus 7 countries and 3 continents).

I would direct people to this website first (it goes directly to the site)  www.njtrailseries.com

Just as a brief out line there are distance races from 5K to 100 Miles and timed races from 3 Hours to 48 hours.  There is at least one race in every month, some months have as many as 4 races.

Let me know if you have any particular questions.

Rick

RD (with wife) for the NJ Trail Series

On On

Our next big race is coming up soon, the Mountain Madness 50K, 25K and 7.77 Miler.  Check it out at NJ Trail Series.

The course is very technical (lots of rocks).   I'd be impressed if anyone can run it faster than 5 hours 10 minutes (which is a 10 minute mile).

Imminent Catastrophe

Do you know if the NJUF is likely to fill up? As always my work schedule will not be out until the mid-month and don't want to get shut out. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

On On

Do you know if the NJ Ultra Festival is likely to fill up? As always my work schedule will not be out until the mid-month and don't want to get shut out. 

It does not look like it will sell out.

Registration closes on March 1 so you have until the end of the month to get in your registration.

I look forward to seeing you there.  Several other RAers are currently registered as well.

I'll be there, but missing out on 4 of the 5 months I had to train for my first 100 miler I've opted to drop down to the marathon instead.

Run to Win
                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm in for the 50k (2 wks after a 50 miler). See you there.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Winter #4 is this Saturday, for those interested.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus