Swim Bike Run

rode with goggles (Read 206 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

On the bike leg I felt something hanging around my neck this morning, put my hand there, and realized it was my swim goggles. Nice. Coming out of T2 I realized they were still around my neck, so I quickly tossed them onto the ground near the end of transition. Forgot to get them afterwards, but someone else told me who picked them up, so now I have no swim goggles until I recover them. Heh. We set up a nice big clock so we could see time coming out of the pool, and I was a bit disappointed in my time when I exited the pool -- 05:45 for 300m -- but it was much later I realized that the clock was from the first swimmer, and I was the fifth swimmer, so I get to subtract a minute off it, which makes me MUCH happier Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

that's not as bad as the folks who tear out of T2 still wearing their bike helmet! Big grin
      ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

...Coming out of T2 I realized they were still around my neck, so I quickly tossed them onto the ground near the end of transition... .
        Did you know that is actually an infraction that could have cost you some penalty time, probably 2 minutes. From the USAT Rule book section 3.4 paragraph h. "Abandoned Equipment. No participant shall leave any equipment or personal gear on the race course. Any violation of this Section shall result in a variable time penalty." And just in case one might think that the transition area does not apply there is the following paragraph: Article VII Transition Area Conduct 7.2 Placement of Equipment. All participants shall place equipment only in the properly designated and individually assigned bicycle corral and shall at all times keep their equipment confined to such properly designated areas. Any violation of this Section shall result in a variable time penalty.

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
        My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
        Ride 112 miles.
        Run 26.2 miles.
        Then brag for the rest of your life.
        -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

re: infraction for leaving equipment out of assigned transition area I am not surprised. I also have been taking my glasses into the pool, so I can see during the on-deck briefing, and then leaving them poolside to pick up as I exit the pool -- I have been figuring that is probably breaking the rules too, b/c I'm leaving equipment outside of transition.

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

No leaving your glasses and then retrieving them after the swim is not abandoning them so it is not a penalized offense. The referees have some compassion Smile

Swim 2.4 miles.
            Ride 112 miles.
            Run 26.2 miles.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So, do you happen to know where the USAT rules are online? I did a very brief google for them, and didn't spot them.

The voice of mile 18

check the usatriathlon.org website think they are in PDF form

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

check the usatriathlon.org website think they are in PDF form
                  Yes, that is where I got them.

Swim 2.4 miles.
                  Ride 112 miles.
                  Run 26.2 miles.

that's not as bad as the folks who tear out of T2 still wearing their bike helmet! Big grin
                    I have done that!