Swim Bike Run

RR- Kinetic Sprint Triathlon (Read 69 times)

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

I competed in the Kinetic Sprint Triathlon this morning at Lake Anna, VA. It was raining but temps were in the 60s, just about the same as the lake temperature. Real short RR, I made the 750 meter swim in an estimate 19 minutes, I'm not sure of the exact time as the results aren't out yet, this would be one of my slower swims, but the water was cold and I didn't get into my groove until about 2/3 through the swim. Time unknown as I don't where my garmin in the swim Smile T1 seemed pretty quick but we'll see when the results are out, I'm estimating about 2:00 for this. Bike, 18 miles and I felt fast as I was usually the one passing rather than being passed. The roads were very wet and as it was pouring rain so the conditions were a bit slippery. Time 55:22 from my Garmin) avg speed 19 mph, a bit slower than I hoped. T2, Not my best transition, I missed my rack not once but twice and it cost me a bunch of time, however once I found my spot I got onto the run very fast, so maybe not too bad. estimated maybe 3 minutes? Rune, 5K, started out up hill but the and it rolled a little bit from there and a nice downhill finish for a change, time: 22:03 (from my garmin) The skies really opened up during the run but at least it wasn't hot Big grin All in all a good race and nice start to the triathlon season. Hopefully I'll be able to edit this later this evening with some real results.

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
    My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
    Ride 112 miles.
    Run 26.2 miles.
    Then brag for the rest of your life.
    -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Yay, good job, Tri-Kev! Open water this early in the season, wow!

Supa Dupa Fly

Way to go!
        ~TC --There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't--

The voice of mile 18

great job in those conditions!

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Cashmason

Very nice race Kev. And smart for keeping the bike under control in the rain. So you give up a little speed to maintain control.... its faster than going fast and crashing. White lines,and man hole covers are super slippery when wet. And I still have scars from a crash while cornering on a wet road. Leaned into the turn and the wheels just went right out from under me.