Swim Bike Run

First Tri- (Read 94 times)

Gotta TRI

First Triathalon down! This one was a sprint. Wow! The swim KICKED my @$$!! 1/3 of a mile. I just did not have it. Got through that in 12:27. I was looking forward to the bike, but, I was wiped after the swim. Hypoxic, lightheaded and totally sucking wind. Got myself rolling on the bike after a few misses getting clipped in. 12 miles. Rode hard and steady, playing "leap frog" with another competitor. By the end of the bike I was ahead. 39: and change.Made a pretty good transition here and took off on the 5k. Had a crash course on Chi running the night before and did my best to utilize it here. I was tired, but had no noticeable pains. Felt like I was running on the slow side but pulled in a 26; and change ( a PR ) for a 1:23:something. They had some timing issues, preliminary posting had me listed in 18th place overall, but on closer examination found my swim time as 2:27! Still waiting for the final results and will post later. Overall, a positive experience. Will definatly work on the swim all week. Next week we run an international distance tri.
    2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
    ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Andy, great job and good luck next weekend!

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
      My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
      Ride 112 miles.
      Run 26.2 miles.
      Then brag for the rest of your life.
      -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

The voice of mile 18

great job! what are you going to do to try and improve your swim? form or intensity stuff?

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Supa Dupa Fly

way to go!! Smile
          ~TC --There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't--
            Excellent!!! (hey, I'd take that 2:27 swim time and be very quiet about it). Cool Interesting that 2 of you are getting lightheaded coming out of the swim -- I wonder if that's common? I can't seem to put the effort into the swim that would create lightheadedness (time to work on my swimming speed, it's clear).

Gotta TRI

Official results are in, and I placed 53rd overall ( out of 106 ) 11th / 15 for age group. Times and splits as follows: Swim-11:48 T-1----3:43 Bike--39:01 T-2---1:19 Run--26:46 pace--8:38 Total time 1:22:34 Added notes: wife placed 3rd in her age group, 75th overall. 1:29:30 We are both VERY happy with the results. This week we are both concentrating on the swim. did 1400 yds. tonight in the lake. still struggling, but, at the end after stripping out of wetsuit I had my strongest swim of the night. Maybe the wetsuit is holding me up?
              2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon