Swim Bike Run

SPRINT & Triathlon race day hints and secrets (Read 151 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I would like to draw from the wealth of expeirence from this group and ask for people to post Race Day hints. Below are some I have found and would love for people to add to it. · Use a bright towel to make it easier to find your bike. · Put your bike next to an easy to find landmark when putting it into the rack. · Put talcum powder in your socks makes them easier to put on.
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

The voice of mile 18

practice going into AND out transition to find your spot quickly. I like using ballons at the end of the rack as a landmakr. arrive early to set up, hit the portapotties and attend the pre-race mtg sometimes there are last minute changes you need to know about. start out conservatively in each event and finish strong. at the end of the bike like the last 1/4 mile get into an easy gear and spin at a higher revolution to get ready for the run. don't try anythig new on raceday. stay with what worked for you in training have a checklist and pack the night before so you don't forget anything. chat up w/ the folks around you - triathletes may be a skittish race mornign but they are a friendly bunch. if you aren't a strong swimmer start towards the back and outside to avoid the rugby scrim Have fun and finish w/ a smile

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Gotta TRI

O.K., here's some tips from my first tri. Don't put your chap stick in your running shoes. Do brush off and dry your feet before putting on your running shoes. Dont' forget to hydrate before during and after the race. Do get familiar with the routes you;ll need to take to get in and out of transition. Don't forget to buckle your helmet BEFORE unracking your bike. Do rember to enjoy the journey!
        2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Take off the bike helmet before starting the run Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.