Swim Bike Run

My First Brick (Read 149 times)

Did my first brick workout today as I just received my bike on Thursday night. Rode 11 miles (43 minutes including stops at stop lights) Ran 5 K 27:39 I noticed that i was running a bit faster than my normal pace after jumping off the bike. Anybody els find that to be true? Doing my first sprint next weekend followed by a 2nd sprint the weekend after. Next week, I just want to finish, week after, come in under 1:30:00...I think it is doable. Bob http://bobrunner.blogspot.com
      I noticed the same thing. My first two bricks were much faster than my normal runs. I think we're doing the same tri saturday. I may also do the Hansen dam, the following weekend. Good luck!
      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I usually feel tired and go a bit slower during the the first mile of my runs (with nothing before), but if I run after swimming or biking, apparently I'm warmed up, because I can start off at a faster pace.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

db7

I think after getting off the bike and the 80-90 cadence on the bike makes me run faster than I want to. I feel like I am crawling but my pace is usually faster than I plan to run. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Oh ya, I've noticed that too -- both in a kayak/bike/run workout, where I felt like was going about 9:30 pace as I started the run, and was shocked to see by my watch that I was below 8 pace -- and in my last tri, where I felt like I was in slow motion starting the run, but by my watch saw that I was about 7 pace. Both times, if it weren't for my watch, I would have believed I was going substantially slower than I actually was. I felt like I was going verrrrry slowly.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I noticed the same thing. My first two bricks were much faster than my normal runs. I think we're doing the same tri saturday. I may also do the Hansen dam, the following weekend. Good luck!
              Red, Yes, I am doing Castaic and Hansen Dam as well. Should be interesting...I mean fun Big grin Bob
                Interesting! I am finding the same....I get off the bike portion of a tri and although my legs are numb and feel useless, my turnover is very rapid.