UK Ultra Runners

London to Brighton date... (Read 411 times)

... is confirmed 20th September 2009 Time to stop talking about it we need a role of honour: Celtic Tiger (talking about it)###CONFIRMED### Ultra Flynn (mentioned in passing Evil grin ) Me (talking about it....still just talking about it)###CONFIRMED### ultraBobban/bobban (I think you mentioned it Big grin ) Mr Immune ( well are you?) Purdey (thinking about it) Allowed a race pass due to 24 hour race the month after Anybody else? I am sssoooooo tempted but, well I am just so temptedRoll eyes MTA: Update list 02/01/2009 Update list 05/01/2009 to amend Purdey's status

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

The only way I would do it is with support. My issue with this race is that you're pretty much on your own. The distance is clearly challenging but it's not what is putting me off at the moment.
        Come on Matt, you can share our support, I am sure we can muster some up between usSmile It is a official as of 21:52 1/1/2009 that I am indeed a L2B competitor, I have a feeling Celtic Tiger will be next to flinch I got an email stating "I will if you will"Evil grin I am hoping with a little pressure Benyo (Of Runner's World fame) will eventually bow to the pressure as he is now doing the Tanners

Jerry

If I can solve the following issues then I'd certainly consider it: 1/ How do I get to the start for 6am? 2/ Where do I leave my car? 3/ Who is going to meet me at the checkpoints and keep me supplied with food and water? 4/ My Garmin's dies at 8 hours, I suspect I'll take longer than that.... 5/ How do I get back from Brighton afterwards? Like I said, the body is willing, but the logistics are a nightmare.
            Easy... 1) You'll get a lift 2) My driveway ( I live about 6 miles from the start) 3) To be discussed 4) Garmin, we will have maps marked up with distances and a watch 5) I am sure we organise something between us. There are B&B's quite near the start and if I remember rightly some have kitchens available so that you can cook all night if you prefer. No pressure, but the logistics are easyWink

Jerry

Celtic Tiger

Jerry, I'm not talking anymore. I'm walkin the walk. What a way to start 2009.
                tick, tock, tick, tock

Jerry

I'm still thinking..... Smile
                    Here is my promise to you, if you enter soon, you can have your very own 10 banana's grooving just like CT didBig grin

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

tempted, tempted, tempted... but it is less than 1 month before my goal race of 2009 and I really don't want to spoil my chances of performing well in that through not having recovered from some silly trip to the seaside... tempted though.

Come on Thomas, it will be a mere training run for youWink

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

Brighton in September? Sea will be cold. Seriously - think I'll have to give this a miss - if it were a month earlier then it would be a possibility. I just don't think my muscles and joints will have recovered totally before the 24hr race (which could be as early as 1st wk in Oct).

Very sensible Purdey, your goal race is much more important. The question is, should I start carb loading for L2B now or in a month?Clowning around

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

I started carbo loading for it on Christmas eve, still working on it, and I'm not even doing the race.

Interesting reading from one of the competitors from the 2008 race entitled A marathon short Long and short of it is: "I’d got about two hours sleep at the poor excuse for a hotel that is the Clarendon in Blackheath. £80 a night gets you a pokey little room, with a small sash window overlooking the main road, hence the lack of sleep!"

Jerry