UK Ultra Runners

Hereward Relay 38.4 (Read 433 times)

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

I have received a reply from ther race secretary and this can be run as a single event.

I have run the Doyen of the Downs as my end of year ultra for the last 2 years and incidentally this is where I met Jezza,  Immune and UltraFlynn. It will be alway in my memory as the fist ultra I took part in.

Sadly, I will not be taking part in this event as the organisers have been awkward and uncooperative to simple requests.

I am likely to be looking at this for an end of year event. March is about 90 miles North of London so a hotel on friday night and perhaps a cornucopia of beverages after the race! (note...train home!)

Is anybody up for this? 7 hours is probable

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/

Into the wild

Hi Rob,

this is in my neck of the woods (ish) and could be interesting.

I read, that all competitors start the final leg together at 13:15. If I ran this I would worry that, being slow, I'd be late for that leg...to leave at 13:15 I'd need to run 28 miles in 4h 15.. eek!

I had a look at the route..I think the elevation will be in cms Joking

John

Shut up and run

Sorry Rob

I have a mountain to climb....twice on the 20th November 2010 so I certainly won't be in a shape to race this one. Angry

A nice distance though on in which you can really push into the first 30 miles and grit into for the last 8

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

Oh, you are doing the Beacons Ultra.

I am hoping Immune will have the strength to have a go at this one with me. 4 runners ran in 2008 (I see they update the site regularly!!) and 6 hours looks about the going rate.

Rucksacks at the ready. I have never run a flat race like this! The idea of hotdogs is fantastic and reminiscent of the Ridgeway when I chowed down at mile 55 on a couple heavily doused in tommy K!

Might be up for this, depends on cost and logistics as defo want to do a couple more shorter Ultras this year.

PB's

1mile: 5:36 - 20/06/2012 - Arethusa Mile (Bushy Park)

5K: 18:55 - 24/07/11 - Bushy Park

10K: 39:15 - 19/03/11 - 2nd 10k of below race

Half Mara: 1:26.50 - 19/03/11 - Dorney Lake 1:26.50)

Mara: 3:12.50 - 04/062012 - Kent Roadrunner

50k (Trail): 4:34.37 - 12/08/2012 - Salisbury 54321

50miles (Trail): 7:27.43 - 04/02/2012 - Thames Trot 50

100miles (Trail): 22:14.10 - 03/03/2012 - Thamespath 100 (102miles)

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

I am now out of this one as have ultra drinking championships wedding duties to attend