UK Ultra Runners

2011 Plans (Read 583 times)

I have two aspirations for 2011:

Western States 100

I'm definitely putting an entry in for the Western States 100. The odds of getting a place are low but it's worth a go.

Bob Graham Round

This is going to be the focus for the next few years I reckon. I'm determine to achieve this. I'm going to plan one attempt for June/July next year.

Both wwaaayyy out of my comfort zone

When do you reckon you want to do BGR as I may come along just out of morbid curiosty.

I am going to Canada this year for a few weeks and then realised I had missed the Niagara Marathon by 1 week

2011 is a complete open book for me at the moment but I may have to get 100 miles out of my system

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

Both Immune and Jezza know that the BGR is a lifetime ambition...well a running lifetime ambition as I only started running at 30!

Having done some running up mentalist moutains in Snowdon (i.e I tried to run 2 peaks of the Paddy Buckley Round near where I went on hols in dec 2008) and albeit in the snow, the stress on the downhills is immense......I can't think of anything better. I think 2011 is too soon and that a few short breaks of running long weekends up in the LD would help to get used to the punishing climbs and descents as well as getting lost in bogs and face high bracken for 2012 would be the done thing.

I have no doubt that any of us could do this, but the 24 hr time limit would be an issue and we would need a crew. The Coast to Coast would be a better mission. Self supported rucksack crew and wash the socks in the hotel at night and go from Irish Sea to North Sea in 7 days would be an ultra-holiday of a summer??!!

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/
          Regarding the BGR. I reckon next year I'd support someone doing it. I need experience of them there hills before I'd attempt it.

100 miles is out of my comfort zone. But what the hell.

Quote: "Moderation is the key to mediocrity".