UK Ultra Runners

30, 50 or 100? (Read 538 times)

Caesar's Camp Endurance runs

I love the website where he says: "The fee includes food & drinks every 5 miles, race t-shirt and my bemused laughter when you have a hard time. "Big grin I will see how it goes but as it is a low key event and booking is done by email, I may just turn up on the day....I'll email the guy and see what the general feel of it is. MTA: I have just found a map of Caesar's Camp and have realised that it is just south of the place I ran in December 2007 at The Grim a very wet and muddy 8 mile run. 

MTA new link

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Purdey

Self anointed title

I have looked at the Caesar's Camp race before - the 100 miler may remain a goal for the future.

If you complete the 100 mile race you're then qualified for the Western States 100 .... which would be just utterly awesome. Smile
        Purdey

Self anointed title

WS100 has been at the back of my mind ever since I first read Dean Karnazes' book. The main difficulty would not be in qualifying... but in convincing the domestic general that it is a good idea.

I'd wait until I'd qualified and then my and convince my better half. Now that would be a hell of a team trip wouldn't it? Smile
              This years WS100 already has Dean, Scott Jurek and Jez Bragg accepted. Should be a great race.
              Purdey

Self anointed title

Dean K probably won't trouble the scorers. Scott J vs Jez Bragg will be awesome. I wonder if Tony Krupicka is still injured - shame if he is. I think he has/had the ability to be the very best in the world.

I am on the cusp of entering the 50 mile part of this run, it looks a tough one I should be on form for this. It is one of those pigs that is 5 x 10 mile laps part of which will be in the dark.

I just need someone to give that little push to book my place

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

-------------> push, shunt, heave

-------------> push, shunt, heave

I have a training run with my buddy tomorrow (Thursday) night to go through this one as he was showing some interest in it. We were discussing that we will have done the London to Brighton 3 weeks beforehand so will have had a 2 week break/recovery runs to get over it and then do this. It certainly wouldn't be raced but challenging nonetheless.

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

2 weeks between L2B and a hilly 50 is probably not sufficient - I would think very carefully about this Jerry.  If you are completely happy, and confident that you can just take it as a very easy training run then go for it.  But be prepared to have to drop out if your legs are still mashed from L2B!

Yep, that is my concern and one that will be discussed in full, it is a long way away at the moment and we can enter on the day so there is no pressure in any shape or form.

Jerry

Bonus

Hello gents,

Yes, Henk's web page for the Caeser's Camp is great, no frills, straight to the point. Listing all the race details on a single page is unconventional but says something about the organiser. I like that. It'll be well organised no doubt.

On a side note... Tom, unlucky with your injury - keep positive. Best regards.

Keith

I have entered this one Keith (eventually) and will be doing the 50 mile option. London to Brighton is still the main goal of the year but have entered this as a contingency in case things go wrong.

Jerry