UK Ultra Runners

AIM 12 hour Track Run (Read 322 times)

OMG it is really beginning to dawn on me that I have the AIM 12 hour Track race on Saturday and it is strange to think that last year this was one of my target races but this year it has been demoted to a "training" run for the Grand Union Canal Run.

This is not to say I am not treating it seriously and have been seen to reduce my mileage a little (as part of a Cycle Down period anyway), however last night I was supposedto run a gentle 10 miles but it ended in ~14 miles with a large chunk of tempo. I don'y that was a bad thing as it will get my legs set up nicely for some good old carb loading. This time I am going around it slightly differently and instead of just eating buns and Lucozade have reduced my carb intake for Monday and Tuesday to really hit the carbs from now onwards but with a little run on Thursday to tell the legs to settle down to the job.

As for distance, I am unsure but I really want to beat my distance of 62 miles from last year as the experience will kick in and I can work through the tough patches better, let's see.

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Hey Jerry

I think you are going to trample last years achievement. You have done a lot of quality long miles in the bank and seem to have adapted your fuelling system to work more effectively.

Will drop some pennies in the charity jar shortly. Sterling effort my friend

Don't think - Just run :-)

Rich

Good luck for Saturday. I think somewhere in the region of 65-70 miles will be possible for you this year (no pressure Big grin)

you seem to enjoy these lap races, I would definitley not. I wonder how high up the I.A.U rankings you can get this time round????

PB's

1mile: 5:36 - 20/06/2012 - Arethusa Mile (Bushy Park)

5K: 18:55 - 24/07/11 - Bushy Park

10K: 39:15 - 19/03/11 - 2nd 10k of below race

Half Mara: 1:26.50 - 19/03/11 - Dorney Lake 1:26.50)

Mara: 3:12.50 - 04/062012 - Kent Roadrunner

50k (Trail): 4:34.37 - 12/08/2012 - Salisbury 54321

50miles (Trail): 7:27.43 - 04/02/2012 - Thames Trot 50

100miles (Trail): 22:14.10 - 03/03/2012 - Thamespath 100 (102miles)

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

Good luck! Jezza I am thinking that you will hit 110km.

BTW, op went fine today and I am a Mrs UB!

Leg is fine and am already walking. should be back running in 2 weeks. check pics on the blog

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/