UK Ultra Runners

Long term plans (Read 436 times)

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

On sunday at the Neolithic I shared my long term plans with Immune. I stress that these are long term plans; i.e 2011-2013

1. Coast to Coast; Following Wainwright'  route across the Lake District, Pennines, Dales and North York moors. A sort of 7 day marathon a day holiday.

2. Bob Graham round. Would love to get round this beautiful landscape in under 24 hours. only 1000 people have every done it. This then lays the plan for a few cheeky outings to the lake district to recce. The only forseeable problem here is that cider is not common, but if Joss Naylor can cope, then so can I.

What are the plans for you guys? Jezza, Immune, Flynn?

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/
    Purdey

Self anointed title

Long term plans?

2010 - <2:45 marathon

2011 - fast marathon and 6 day race.

My future is an open book at the moment and constraints of family life are getting in the way.

Way way way in the future, 2015 actually, I want to run a marathon in Iceland and this has been promised to me.

In the interim period I would like to do the 3 Peaks Challenge...but running it and driving between the peaks. Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon all in 24 hours [can be done easily as runners]

This is an open challenge so if any of you want to join in for a laugh.....the invitation is there

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

Purdey

Self anointed title

In the interim period I would like to do the 3 Peaks Challenge...but running it and driving between the peaks. Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon all in 24 hours [can be done easily as runners]

I would do the 3 Peaks Yacht race... more eco-friendly.. more fun... more testing.  Fancy it Jezzah?

I would do the 3 Peaks Yacht race... more eco-friendly.. more fun... more testing.  Fancy it Jezzah?

Yachts..oohh errrr, no experience I'm afraid although I will be sailing in Canada in August but on BIG lakes

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

Yachts..oohh errrr, no experience I'm afraid although I will be sailing in Canada in August but on BIG lakes

Just think of the Atlantic as a big lake.

I have the transport covered - I would just need the crew of sailors and runners.

It has to be better than doing it by car! 

How many can safely fit [with kit] in this skiff?

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

skiff?

A skiff is something entirely different, as you very well know!

This would sleep 4 very comfortably.  It has 7 berths, but that would be a bit tight with kit etc.

Interior:

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

enough of the boats! www.ultrayachting.com?

3 peaks....yes it sounds good but a lot of driving. Looked into this a while ago. 24 hours. Do-able. Joss Naylor did it in 11 hrs 54. Back in '71 when I was -4 years old. Rally prepped Capri 3.0 V8 that scooted down the trunk roads at 140mph and Joss Naylor going up and down Nevis in 90 mins. wow! Snowdon up and down in 65 mins...jeeeez!! This is the stuff of legends for us mortals!

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/

I drove for my sister and friends last year see report here

As long as we [note the we] do not have a van limited to 60 mph it will be OK but no way can you break the speed records in Wales as it bristles with speed cameras

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

enough of the boats! www.ultrayachting.com?

3 peaks....yes it sounds good but a lot of driving.

That is my point.

Don't drive.  Do the whole thing without motorised assistance.  What could be more beautiful?