UK Ultra Runners

South East Ultra meet up (Read 386 times)

Everyone,

I have been contacted by a called Richard who wants to meet up for a Sunday long distance run in middle of May, the current plan is 23rd May 2010. He came up with an idea of running around the Tunbridge Wells Circular Path, a very ascertive 27 mile circuit that is well sign posted but I have maps.

Mr Immune has expressed interest and I will be enlisting George and Michael has negotiated with his wife to take the day off. It will be a self-sufficient run although we do seem to go through a few villages and churches for water top ups and thought it an excellent opportunity to all have a mob run.

Richard hails from Hornchurch in Essex and is planning to run in a strange run called the Halstead Marathon, Lakeland and for wait for it the RIDGEWAY 85 in August and then Caesar's in October. So you will see that collectively we all have a lot in common with him.

Who is up for it?

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

It does sound a good idea but I am doing the Green Belt Relay - 220 miles around our fair capital. Not on my own, I might add but in a team of mighty warriors who hail from Dulwich Park Runners. It is perhaps one of the best events that I have ever done and through some stunning countryside (erm...I did the 2 longest legs and fortunately did not have to run from the Dartford bridge)

However I would love to do the run one saturday in the near future, I assumer there is a lot of ascent with the Weald and the Ashdown forest? Beautiful Country

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/

There was talk of doing the Green Belt Relay at my club at one time but there were just not enough upper middle to long distance runners at that time however there are a few surfacing now so we may get a team together at some stage.

Pity you can't do it on 23rd May luckily it seems to fit into my training plans....now all I am looking for is a response from David whom I am sure can work some shore leave

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

There was talk of doing the Green Belt Relay at my club at one time but there were just not enough upper middle to long distance runners at that time however there are a few surfacing now so we may get a team together at some stage.

Pity you can't do it on 23rd May luckily it seems to fit into my training plans....now all I am looking for is a response from David whom I am sure can work some shore leave

Meant to be on an easy week that week, but can always re-jig the training to suit a lovely 27miler. Pencil me in, hopefully be able to give definite answer later this week. It seems Richard and ourselves have very similar plans for the year, great minds think alike and all that.

PB's

1mile: 5:36 - 20/06/2012 - Arethusa Mile (Bushy Park)

5K: 18:55 - 24/07/11 - Bushy Park

10K: 39:15 - 19/03/11 - 2nd 10k of below race

Half Mara: 1:26.50 - 19/03/11 - Dorney Lake 1:26.50)

Mara: 3:12.50 - 04/062012 - Kent Roadrunner

50k (Trail): 4:34.37 - 12/08/2012 - Salisbury 54321

50miles (Trail): 7:27.43 - 04/02/2012 - Thames Trot 50

100miles (Trail): 22:14.10 - 03/03/2012 - Thamespath 100 (102miles)

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

it may be that our GBR doesn't happen now for me. I'll keep you posted
            http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to inject some life into this post again. I am still looking to be available for 23rd May for this.

Is anybody still up for it?

cheers

Rich