UK Ultra Runners

Thames Trot 5th Feb 2011 (Read 2579 times)

Have fun boys. Finally coming back to fitness so it is a shame I deferred but there you go :-)

Jerry, still might be up for Moonlight event subject to a pass.

Excellent news Richard on both counts

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

Purdey

Self anointed title

Have fun boys. Finally coming back to fitness so it is a shame I deferred but there you go :-)

Jerry, still might be up for Moonlight event subject to a pass.

I have a place you could have if you like.

I have a place you could have if you like.

Thats very kind and appreciate the thought. Unfortunately I have been dragged into other plans :-(

Jerry and gang. Are any of you interested in the idea of sharing a room in the Holiday Inn (Kassam Stadium) in Oxford on the Friday night to make life easier getting to the start on time etc. No problems if you have already made plans, i am just trying to avoid ridiculous train times on Sat morning to get to the start on time.

PB's

1mile: 5:36 - 20/06/2012 - Arethusa Mile (Bushy Park)

5K: 18:55 - 24/07/11 - Bushy Park

10K: 39:15 - 19/03/11 - 2nd 10k of below race

Half Mara: 1:26.50 - 19/03/11 - Dorney Lake 1:26.50)

Mara: 3:12.50 - 04/062012 - Kent Roadrunner

50k (Trail): 4:34.37 - 12/08/2012 - Salisbury 54321

50miles (Trail): 7:27.43 - 04/02/2012 - Thames Trot 50

100miles (Trail): 22:14.10 - 03/03/2012 - Thamespath 100 (102miles)

David we are staying at:

Premier Inn

Oxford Business Park

Garsington Road

On Friday night and depending on the area will probably just drink the coffee and eat the bacon rolls at the pub HQ

The plan is to get the 6.51pm from Paddington to arrive at 7.50pm doing a little research it seems we will be about 7 miles south of you and about 1.5 miles from the start.

Jerry

David we are staying at:

Premier Inn

Oxford Business Park

Garsington Road

On Friday night and depending on the area will probably just drink the coffee and eat the bacon rolls at the pub HQ

The plan is to get the 6.51pm from Paddington to arrive at 7.50pm doing a little research it seems we will be about 7 miles south of you and about 1.5 miles from the start.

Hi Jerry, no problem. Might actually book the YHA as it is almost next to Oxford station (and only £20), makes it easy to pick up the lift from the station to the start from the organisers. Look forwad to seeing you on saturday, who else is running wih you?

PB's

Hi David,

George and I will be running together as usual, I am unsure what time we are aiming for but if you want to join us you are welcome but we will are not in your league anymore but I reckon we will be hitting around 9-10 hours so head torches will be a must for us I'm afraid.

Jerry

Hi David,

George and I will be running together as usual, I am unsure what time we are aiming for but if you want to join us you are welcome but we will are not in your league anymore but I reckon we will be hitting around 9-10 hours so head torches will be a must for us I'm afraid.

I am definitely not out to set a blazing pace myself (must pack headtorch) and as for different laegue', i am not the one

entered into a 145mile run!!!!! I am booked into the Travelodge (Peartree Roundabout Woodstock Rd, Oxford OX2 8JZ)

for friday night, bit north of you so may not be able to meet up.

However, I will let you know what train i am on into Oxford and if it is similar to you and Goerge we might be able to catch

a drink and watch a bit of the Six Nations (Wales v England) on the telly.

How is your knee by the way? And how are you and Goerfe feeling the training for GUCR is going? I seemed to have tweaked the

tendon under my big toe while running in the Gym last night, bloody treadmills. Other than that feel in pretty good shape (round!!)

although due to work and family stuff only 50miles last week, but the family stuff was good fun so no complaints.

PB's

Well you are just bloody fast these daysBig grin

We will be getting the 6.51pm from Paddington getting us in just before 8.00pm. We are meeting at Victoria train station at 6.00pm and hope to get to Paddington fairly quickly I just hope the escalator repairs at Victoria don't slow our progress. See if you can get that train as it will be good to catch up and at least we can go for a beer and then go to our respective hotels after.

Knee is stiff today, I think it is more the bruising around the scab but it will settle down for sure, it won't stop me going to the club tonight for a nice gentle run though after that it is complete rest and to start eating buns and pies.

Bad news about your toe, I am scared shitless about my feet especially after the damage and pain I went through at Ridgeway with my big toe. I think it proper that you rest it now and do the usual TLC on it so that it is OK for Saturday. I have finally cleared off my split heel and have slapping on girly foot balm to soften the hardened bits and so far it has been OK but have packed some Silver Oxide tape in case I get a rub.

My kit is all layed out at the moment (I have 3 days off) and as usual have a little too much but I am covering every eventuality and make finer decisions when I look out of the window on Saturday morning.

Do you know what the rule is about running numbers? I was planning to stick it to the back of my back pack so I don't have to have to worry about it ripping.

Jerry

Jerry

Good luck for the weekend fellas. I know it will be a smooth successul run.

Thanks Richard, finer details being discussed and it looks like we have it off pat now even down to discussing the carrying of spare, dry socks. The terrain has been described as roughish but I am sticking with my road shoes.

Looking forward to my bacon rolls and coffee before the race Joking

Jerry

David, there is a change of meeting point due to the problem with the escalators at Victoria, we are meeting at Paddington at ~6.30 pm "near the ticket office"

We are travelling to Paddington seperately as I am coming straight from work and George from his house...do you reckon you will be on the 6.51pm?

Jerry

Hi Jezza

No, driving to Reading, then train to Oxford. Looking at your kit list, i feel i am travelling light as just using my Raidlight waist pack....

PB's