UK Ultra Runners

MdS (Read 215 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Unfortunately I found out this much information on available places: The MdS is run annually in March/April. We are limited to about 235 places in each event (this is under a quarter of the total MdS places). Interest in the UK for running the MdS is very high so these places are taken several years in advance. See below for the specific status of each year. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Registration for 2009 (24th) MdS When: 26 March to 6 April 2009 Confirmed places available: None Waitlist places available: None Price: £2,950 for individuals, and £2,995 for each member of a registered team. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Registration for 2010 (25th) MdS When: Not known before mid 2009 Confirmed places available: None Waitlist places available: None Price: £2,850 for individuals, and £2,900 for each member of a registered team. This price will be confirmed after the 2009 MdS - if the cost increases by more than 10% you may cancel your place within 14 days for a full refund. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Registration for 2011 (26th) MdS When: Not known before mid 2010. Confirmed places available: None Waitlist places available: None Price: The confirmed price will be announced after the MdS 2010. Given the current escalating costs to transport and related arrangements, we suggest that you budget for a total cost in the region of £3500. If the increase is more than 10%, you will be entitled to withdraw and receive a refund of your £500 deposit. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Registration for 2012 (27th) MdS Registration for 2012 has not started, and the opening date is not yet known. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Of course, if you can't wait to try your luck for 2012 entry, you could always try to get a charity spot. Average sponsorship needed is approx £6k. I think this one will have to come off my "to-do list" for now - too many other races which are cheaper and a bit easier to get into..... like the Olympic Marathon.

Thanks for getting the info. That's what I thought actually. Someone at work said that 2012 was the earliest that you could apply. The costs are huge though.