UK Ultra Runners

Poor old Rob (Read 427 times)

I assume some of you got a rather sad text message from Rob tonight.

I got the very sad news that Rob took a tumble the other day and has broken his tibia twice and his fibula once!!!!! He has been pinned and screwed but will probably be on crutches for 6 months.

That is absolutely awful news and my heart goes out to you Rob.

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Into the wild

Wow. What rotten news Sad You have my sympathy Rob.

Shut up and run

Oh my god. I just saw your blog Jerry. That is very sad indeed.

You have my sympathy Rob. You truly don't deserve it.

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

OK and thanks for the sympathy. I will update my blog in the next day or so and tell you all of the gory details and a nice photo of my cast full of blood!

I have fractured the tibia twice, once at the top and once by the ankle, also with a maisoneuve fracture of the fibula so I have no use in the leg at all. They have put 4 screws to hold together the tibia. Bummer is I moved house last week and I am totally incapacitated. I should be back running in 6 months.

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/
          ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

have a proper read.......

I'm still around and have numbers for the portsmouth XC marathon and thames trot to give away

So bloody inconsiderate, what about all the races we were meant to be doing next year? Any chance you can do them on crutches????

On a more serious note, f**king hell big fella, that must have been the most freaky of unlucky landings to do such monster damage to your leg, i am truly gutted for you. PMA will be very key, so i am confident you will see it out and come back just as good (probably better) than before.

I still have the screws in my ankle from breaking it playing rugby, but i think you may just trump me with the war wounds on this one.

If you can let me know your new address i would like to drop off / post your running vest and the local paper i promised you from September!!

Keep up your usual PMA big guy, were all rooting for you to make a super fast and full recovery.

PB's

1mile: 5:36 - 20/06/2012 - Arethusa Mile (Bushy Park)

5K: 18:55 - 24/07/11 - Bushy Park

10K: 39:15 - 19/03/11 - 2nd 10k of below race

Half Mara: 1:26.50 - 19/03/11 - Dorney Lake 1:26.50)

Mara: 3:12.50 - 04/062012 - Kent Roadrunner

50k (Trail): 4:34.37 - 12/08/2012 - Salisbury 54321

50miles (Trail): 7:27.43 - 04/02/2012 - Thames Trot 50

100miles (Trail): 22:14.10 - 03/03/2012 - Thamespath 100 (102miles)

Totally agree with Mr I's views Rob.

To tell you the truth you have really put the scarers on me with this injury, it is horiffic. I was talking to my wife about it who is medically trained and I mentioned that with the amount of training we all do we must have a pretty strong skeletal structure from the amount of wear and tear we put it under.

Her first thoughts were this must have been a creeping stress fracture that had a cataclysmic break when you fell. Did you have any niggles or aches before this, ankles or shin splinty type hurts?

Jerry
                A runners blog-updated daily

Purdey

Self anointed title

Damn. So sorry Rob. Heal quickly.

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

No problems at all, no niggles, nothing.

I have a number for Portsmouth next week if anyone wants it?

Also I am not sure whether to defer or to give my number away for the Thames Trot on 5th Feb.

Thanks for the words of wisdom and indeed PMA is the best medicine (except morphine and gas/air!)I got out of hospital on friday and am now surrounded by boxes in my new house!

I am targetting the South Downs Marathon as my comeback event n11th June 2011 and the Downland Ultra 30 as my comeback ultra. Suffice to say I have a lot of time to plan the "double" for 2012 (Centurion North Downs way and South Downs Way)

thanks for all the kind comments and I will be keeping a close eye on your progress over the coming months. Does anyone need a manager?!