UK Ultra Runners

2009 Race Calendar (Read 270 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Well that's it. I now have all my race entries submitted for 2009: (goals in bold) 17 Jan - Thames Path Ultra 50 miles sub 8hrs 10 Mar - Ballycotton 10 sub 60 04 Apr - Crawley 12hr track race 75 miles 29/30 Aug - Ridgeway Challenge 85 miles (UK Long distance trail running champs) sub 15hrs 17/18 Oct - Sri Chinmoy 24hr race - the 2009 goal race. 100m + I will also be doing a few local races, ranging from 5k to marathon (trail) in order to keep the motivation up in between milestone/goal races. I like to think ahead..... so have been thinking about what I'm going to do in 2010. I have concluded that it really depends on how my ultras go - if they go well then I may concentrate on trying to run a couple competitively (maybe go for the UK 100km Champs). If they go less well then I will probably drop right down and concentrate on improving my 5k and 10k with the goal of running a sub 3hr marathon. Having looked at the races that you guys have lined up, I don't think our paths will cross. Unless anyone fancies coming down for the Neolithic Marathon or the Salisbury 5-4-3-2-1 or something similar?

Tom, I am still thinking of doing the Neolithic Marathon but I have had mixed reviews about it. It sounds a lovely race but apparently the middle section through Dartmoor is particularly bland. It is maddening, I have just gone throughthewebsite at http://newsite.wiltshirewildlifetrust.org.uk/WhatsOn/SarsenTrail/EmailForm.aspx, is it me or is the date not obvious?

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

Purdey

Self anointed title

The date is not obvious. In fact it is not there at all. Confused From Runners World website it is Sun 03 May. I am still undecided about whether to do it or not.
        It sounds a lovely race but apparently the middle section through Dartmoor is particularly bland.
        It would also be quite long - you have gotten a bit lost if you end up on Dartmoor!! Clowning around

Big grin Ahhh, I meant Salisbury PlainRoll eyes

Jerry
          A runners blog-updated daily

Purdey

Self anointed title

Salisbury Plain is my back yard and I've spent many, many days and nights training there with the Army. If you can deal with rutted tank tracks etc it is wonderful. I have checked out the comments about the race on the RW site and think that I may well do it.