UK Ultra Runners

How I prepare an Ultra (Read 522 times)

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Hell, yeah! Much more preparation required than running a flat Marathon. I should look into it again once I prepare for my first Ultra -- Though it won't be much more than 60-70 km.

No, not me but a great insight from Solomon

http://www.salomonrunning.com/others/kilian-quest/season-03-episode-06.htm

Of course it's not you Jezza, you put in much more prep/effort, obviously!!!!!!!!

How are you, and good to see you will have a companion for Surrey Tops.

PB's

1mile: 5:36 - 20/06/2012 - Arethusa Mile (Bushy Park)

5K: 18:55 - 24/07/11 - Bushy Park

10K: 39:15 - 19/03/11 - 2nd 10k of below race

Half Mara: 1:26.50 - 19/03/11 - Dorney Lake 1:26.50)

Mara: 3:12.50 - 04/062012 - Kent Roadrunner

50k (Trail): 4:34.37 - 12/08/2012 - Salisbury 54321

50miles (Trail): 7:27.43 - 04/02/2012 - Thames Trot 50

100miles (Trail): 22:14.10 - 03/03/2012 - Thamespath 100 (102miles)

Hell, yeah! Much more preparation required than running a flat Marathon. I should look into it again once I prepare for my first Ultra -- Though it won't be much more than 60-70 km.

Wow you love your hills Kailea by the looks of your profile picture and your blog, no wonder you want to take on the Snowdon Challenge. I am just amazed how fast that guy can just pump his way up those gradients which would leave me coughing up a lung after about 100 metres, incredible stuff.

Jerry

How are you, and good to see you will have a companion for Surrey Tops.

I am good, nice to know that Gemma is happy to team up, I am not too keen on taking that Greensands Ridge at night by myself even if I know that there are walkers behind me if I trip over....she appears to be very fast though with goals of a sub 3 marathon in her sights!

Jerry

Wow you love your hills Kailea by the looks of your profile picture and your blog, no wonder you want to take on the Snowdon Challenge. I am just amazed how fast that guy can just pump his way up those gradients which would leave me coughing up a lung after about 100 metres, incredible stuff.

I cannot run uphill like that either. I am not underweight enough to do that -- This guy's body must consist of sinews and bones only.

Thinking of this as one option for my first Ultra, as this is the most popular one in Germany,
              http://www.rennsteiglauf.de/index/rennsteiglauf/allgemeines/index_english.html

... depending on where in the world I end up being next year. Might not be able to go up to Scotland over the weekend anymore to run up the hills Sad