On the Bench

What?! I can run again (Read 293 times)

I went back to the doctor for new x-rays. It has been 5 weeks since pain developed and 4 weeks in a walking casts (not compeletely following doctor's orders Smile ) He said I can run again!! Everything looked fine! I never expected that. He said to start slowly. Run 1/4mile and walk 1/4 mile. do this workout 2 times not back to back before adding 1/4 a mile...and so on. I had a tiny amount of pressure in my foot after I left the visit wearing regular shoes and not the walking cast ( I think it is anxiety in my head) and only when I wear tennis shoes. Today I feel great! I think I'm going to keep the compression wrap on for a while and continue in the future when running. I'm so nervous!!!! I'm honestly really scared. Everything I've read states that 3-6 weeks recovery iss needed, however I'm so scared.
    Goals: Maintain 120 beat 5k time: 25:52 beat 10k time: 55:48 Complete one half-marathon-Jan. 10th
      Wow, that is really quick. I also heard that for the 5th metatarsel it would take the full 6-8 weeks, but hey if your doctor gave you the OK, then that is GREAT news! Be sure to follow his instructions for getting back into it, you don't want to end up back on this bench! So happy for you!