Diabetic Runners

New to Forum, just ran my first 5K on Saturday (Read 166 times)

Hey everyone, I am type 2, diagnosed in 2002. Have lost 50lbs and have been running about a year. This looks like an awesome sight. I just competed in my first 5k. My time was 29:14. I just want to say That I felt incredible! I never thought running (without anybody chasing me) could be so invigorating. I guess I'm preaching to the choir here, but I just had to tell somebody that I feel like I could take on the world. I think I'm going to go on a run. See ya. Ted
    "It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll" - AC/DC
      Hey runlikehell. Welcome to the forum. Things are kind of slow at the moment but keep checking in. Don't be afraid to add your two cents to any of the previous threads if you wish. There's alot of good discussion here. Think about setting up your log here for all to see. It's a great motivator to keep it up. Congrats on your 5K!!!! John

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

Hi runlikehell. Welcome. Congrats on your 5 k and your weight loss. We need some new blood to get things going on this forum again, You have been running for a year since diagnosed, maybe you can provide some insight as to any adjustments you have made to your diet since running. Some of us are now running longer distances and are experimenting with how many carbs we are taking in before ,during and after runs. I agree with intherunning that logging your training runs here is a great motivator. You can enter your daily runs and it will automatically calculate your speed, your weekly and monthly distances and many other great features. (like different shoe milages, maps and routes, graphs) Very impressive for a no fee site. We have many t2 and a few t1 runners on this forum with various degrees of running experrience. Feel free to ask any questions. Dave
        WHO FARTLEK"D ?
          Welcome, runlikehell! And congrats on your first 5-K!