Gallowalking

Hello? (Read 191 times)

JoeInTX

Does anyone still post here?

old-runner

Hi JoeInTX... Nobody posts very often but I try to keep an eye out for when somebody does. I haven't been using the Galloway method for a while but still like it and will probably go back to it eventually when I'm not running quite as well. 

Feel free to post if you have questions or want to share something about Gallowalking.

I just joined the group today.  When I saw the name, Galloway, I just had to jump in.  I am an older runner who started in the 70s and have had 3 or 4 periods of time that I took extended breaks.  This is my latest come back year after being a walker for the past three years.  I bought Jeff Galloway's first book (Galloway's Book on Running) when it first hit the stores back in the mid-80s and I still refer to it today.  His training concepts have always worked for me.  

I need to read his more recent materials.  I will read earlier posts to see what Gallowalking is all about.

Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end. (RF)

happybarb

Cellcom 2012

Hi John,

Nice to have you here.  I am really a true believe in the Galloway Run/Walk, it has made running so enjoyable for me.  I'm 57 also and just completed my first half a few weeks ago with the Galloway method.  Glad your here.  Barb

Thanks, Barb.    I took Galloway's first book off the shelf last night and added it (again) to my reading list.  The binding has been glued several times over the years.    John

happybarb

Cellcom 2012

Funny about the book, I've read most of his books.  Also like John Bingham's books, he's gives you "permission" to run intervals and slow.  The important thing that I've learned through their books is just to enjoy running or walking. 

old-runner

Hi John and Barb... Glad to see some life here!  I've got the Galloway marathon book and I had one other one but I loaned it to somebody and never got it back. I do like the principles taught, and as I mentioned earlier I haven't been taking walk breaks lately but I'm sure the time will come when I'll be doing it again.

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Nice to see some posts here again.  I have read most of Galloway's books and use this method all the time.  It makes it much easier to build mileage and reduces injury for me.

Galloway's run/walk method is perfect for older runners who need to build a little more recovery into their training.

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Are you calling me old????   Smile

a reference to me only---sorry