Half Marathon Trainers

April brings better weather (Read 29 times)

hog4life

Here we are into April, and everyone's weather seems to be getting a bit warmer. Me, personally, I want winter to come back.

SB, which track are you going to? I see some FB posts at a couple different spots and have been tempted to drive over one evening.

I got 4 miles easy with Bella. Last run till race day.

lsp

Lump Off

Here we are into April, and everyone's weather seems to be getting a bit warmer. Me, personally, I want winter to come back.

SB, which track are you going to? I see some FB posts at a couple different spots and have been tempted to drive over one evening.

I got 4 miles easy with Bella. Last run till race day.

It feels like summer just like that!

Ha! on the 'track'.  I'm running on the elementary school asphalt track that is right next to where my son has baseball practice.  I has gravel in some places and has a little dip on one side.  It is not a high class track.  But it is convenient and it has got me trying this whole 'speed workout' stuff so it's good.

I told my DH about the Chickamauga half and he is ready to go and cheer me on (history buff).  I may have to sign up for it....

Zelanie

Mitch- Good luck this weekend!

superbunny- A convenient track is a good track!  I run the track that's right by where I need to pick my daughter up from activities, and it is so handy.  That way I'm not worried about getting done with my run in time to pick her up.

Two days in April, two good runs.  Tonight was my last track workout before my HM, and it went well.  It was just 3 x 1600 at my goal 10K pace, which was 8:09.  I completed them in 8:10, 8:08, 8:08.  Perfect! Smile  Hopefully the fact that I've been hitting my paces at the track means good things as far as hitting them in the race.

Nana_

Hi Everyone <waving>

I joined last month but got busy and couldn't post much. I'm still here basebuilding doing my 32-weeks Couch-to-HM.  Nothing fancy and keeping to lower heart rates.

And I haven't quit yet !

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  It's plenty warm in Miami.  In fact, we never cooled off at all.  Bah.  12.25 miles today.  I took a full RD yesterday instead of biking.  Legs were tired from the 8.

Hope everybody has a great day!

Damaris

Keep up the good work everyone.  I hope to be able to be running again by Sunday..I hate being sidelinedespicailly since we are having spring like weather right now, but love reading all of your miles and stories.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

redleaf

Hi Everyone <waving>

I joined last month but got busy and couldn't post much. I'm still here basebuilding doing my 32-weeks Couch-to-HM.  Nothing fancy and keeping to lower heart rates.

And I haven't quit yet !

Hello from one from the great (still) white north.... it's actually getting to be quite lovely up here in Toronto anyway.

My hamstring seems to be playing up/not playing up regardless of what I do or don't do so I'm running tonight come hell or high water. After the half at the end of the month I'm going to work on being a bit more well rounded (and hopefully a bit less round) - alternating spinning and yoga classes weekly and throwing some swimming in too.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

an amazing likeness

Thanks for moving us into April, hog4life, March was depressing.

<waving back>  Good to have you back with us Jo_ !  29 weeks to your half is a lot of calendar time....hope you'll find some fun races over the summer to test your progress and keep you interested and engaged in your training.

You  are crushing your training plan, Zelanie...crushing it.  I have no doubt that you'll exceed your expectations for your goal race based on your training results. (hope you're not putting too much pressure on yourself about paces and times in training runs....they are guidelines after all)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Rondog65

Hello all, hoping everyone is starting to get a little bit of nice weather.  Finally getting a couple of nice days in the north east.  Good enough that I ate my first bug of the season on a run.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Posted a few Barcelona photos here in the 2000k group.

This week I started with an "active rest" day ( elliptical/ indoor bike), ran a couple of easy runs, one interval on the treadmill 7x1000m at my HM pace (10:30). Tomorrow is a long run. I'm aiming for between 10-13 miles very easy. Knees and ankles a bit cranky.

happy Saturday! A

Recalculating...

From the Internet.

Hello Half Marathon Trainers! I joined this group over a year ago and was then plagued with shin splints and calf issues for months - I had registered for a half in April 2013 but had to DNS. I've been doing much better after spending the winter building base and did my first-ever 10 mile long run yesterday, so I feel like I can finally poke my head back in here Smile

I don't have a first half picked out yet, but I'm scoping out fall races and will hopefully be aiming for sub-2 hours. Planning to continue with base building for another couple of months, then start adding in a bit of speedwork and race some shorter distances over the summer.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I've been too busy with work this week (bah!) but I managed to do 6 on Friday, 10 with hubby last night and 11 this morning.  I'm done for the week.  A bike ride with hubby tonight.

Have a great Sunday!

Damaris

hog4life

The day after a HM, and I'm not sore at all. Maybe I should try the double, if I can find one, ha. I had a rough day yesterday at the half during the run, but had a great time overall. I had some family with me, along with a bunch of friends, and met some more great people. I might try to run and ride a little later, but about to head off to church first.

Docket you are incredible.

hog great for feeling good today. I hope it was just a crazy fluke for the race.

I finally got out for an easy 3 miles this morning. A little soreness, but was good to get back at it.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

redleaf

Two nice runs in a row Friday and Saturday and a completely horrible one today and my hamstring is all wonky again and I have a half in 20 days and I am not happy at all.

sigh.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362