Half Marathon Trainers

June (Read 29 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Friday the 13th was not nice to me.  A guy hit my new car from behind and now I have to repair it.  To add insult to injury, they gave me the wrong bagel at Einstein's.  13 miles done yesterday and they were nice, at least.  Pilates and 8 miles on Thursday.

Mitch, nice job!

redleaf, congrats on the PR!

CanadianMeg, hi!

Z, hello!

ayola, I say it the same, except I yelled AHHHHHHHHH, Miami. 

Cyberic, sounds similar, LOL.

It is right now 87F with a heat index of 97F and 77 dewpoint.  If you don't sweat and melt while reading this, try harder.

Damaris

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I don't mind running in the rain, but I don't want to do it all the time.

Ayola, I'm not speedy. If you look on my log, my training plan I'm going to start tomorrow is on there. I'll peak at 36 miles a week, longest run is 11 miles, longest midweek is 7 miles. I'm feeling good going into that after my 8 this morning.

Yikes, Damaris. That's not good. You weren't hurt yourself, were you?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Zelanie

D- Hope the new week is starting off better than last one.

Mitch- That's an awesome pace for 10!

redleaf- Congrats on the new PR!  Smile  Glad to hear that soccer has been going well too.

Meg- Good luck on the plan and the streak!

Ayola- Hope the 45 minutes treat you well!

Eric- I like to avoid speedwork when I'm working on building miles, too.

me- Week 2 of marathon training is in the books.  The track intervals felt harder this week, but there was a headwind on the track, and the map shows GPS was probably spotty as well.  Overall things are going well!  This week the MP runs and the LRs both start up.  Yikes!

Lots of good running going on everyone.

D_R hope you are okay.

Raced on Sunday - Put a report in the race reports for anyone interested.  Running only  2- 3 daily miles so far this week due to the severe road rash on the knee and arm.  My husband hates that I am doing it, but it makes me feel better and takes the pain away fora bit.  Hoping to ramp it up this weekend with the good weather.  Humidity is coming back for today and tomorrow.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

New week has not been good breathing wise.  Ran 17 on Sunday and couldn;t make it to 20 because of the 92F and 75 dewpoint at 9am and because my lungs were struggling to breathe.  Woke up on Monday with my chest congested from asthma and my 6 last night went really slow.  So, I'm scrapping the speedwork today and doing 8-10 slow miles instead.  Hoping the asthma improves before my next LR.

canadian, I would prefer rain than this swamp, but I agree. Nothing major.  No injuries.  The car would not have been damaged had a car, instead of an SUV, hit me.

Z, nice job with Hanson.  I just did two workouts from his Advanced, got an asthma attack and said goodbye, ha.

Barbs, great job on the race.

Damaris

hog4life

Damaris, I don't see how you run in that crap down there.

Barb, glad to hear you finished the race after your spill.

I did 10.4 tonight, temp was 90, feels like 94, 80% humidity, and I think the DP 70. This type weather will seriously put a damper on me training for the Sept half. My plan has me starting mid July, and I'm just not sure I will be able to run/train at the paces I want.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I scrapped the speedwork but did 9 miles with the middle 2.5 with hubby.  Today is Pilates day, but I might run to and from the studio for a short recovery run.

Mitch, I don't either!  Nice job in that weather.

Damaris

hog4life

32.2 miles on the bike. It was a mixture of hard packed dirt trail with a little gravel and then some road. Finished the ride in 2:38:20 for a 4:55 OA pace. Haha, wish I could run that fast. Tomorrow will be 10-12, where 6 will be with the running club and the summer fun runs, and I'm hoping for 4-6 before hand.

Damaris, do you and hubby still ride your bikes?

an amazing likeness

Hi all. I'm not dead yet, despite all appearances to the contrary.  Work and elder care have hoovered up all available time, so my only access to RA has been to log the workouts and move on....

Just had time to skim, good see everyone getting in solid runs.

Sorry to read about the fall in your race, Barb.

Meg, that streak is....wow!  You've got more base miles from that you've had in the past, right?  Load your training with 7- 10 milers.

Posting from phone, so hope to be back latter tonight to catch up and update.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

hog4life

I got another decent run with my running club tonight. The legs were a little dead from yesterday's bike ride, so didn't get the paces I wanted, but I finished 12 miles with OA pace of 9:05.

hog4life

4 slow recovery miles on Friday evening, and then 12 on Saturday morning. Gives me 44 and change for the week.

Cyberic

Hi all,

Not much worth mentioning, so I'll just go ahead and say that I ran an easy 15km (9+ miles) with 2 x 12 minutes at MP. I'm getting the hang of my new paces now. Before I changed I had been running at the same paces for 5 months. I could pretty much hit my different running paces on feel. I'm not there yet with my new paces, but I'm getting better. Big grin

hog4life

Threw in a 13.5 mile bike ride this evening.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Finished 8 miles at 8 am today. I couldn't settle in my pace in the first half of the run, but it felt like a strong run overall. I don't try to hit any specific numbers. I just run.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Cyberic

When you think of it, "just running" is probably near as good training as all them fancy programs. And if you overdo it with the fancy programs and get injured with all that speed work, then "just running" is way better.

Finished 8 miles at 8 am today. I couldn't settle in my pace in the first half of the run, but it felt like a strong run overall. I don't try to hit any specific numbers. I just run.