Half Marathon Trainers

May (Read 30 times)

hog4life

The temps dropped to low 50's last night, so I couldn't resist doing my LR this morning, 12.4 miles. I'm helping my running club with timing of a 10k, 5k, and 2 mile tomorrow morning.

Rain early mornign Satruday canceled the first beach run. Wen tto the gym for 3 miles ont he DM, got outside early yesterday for 3 and 2 this morning.  Such a busy weekend it was all I could fit in.  Almost didn't do it today, so tired.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

lsp

Lump Off

I had my first chiropractic appt. last Friday and my 2nd today.  It's really cool; I had not even realized how much neck pain I had and how much it was affecting me.   I'm already seeing improvement.  Now I need to figure out how to relax my shoulders when I run.  I think I tighten them up and so my running has made my neck pain worse.  It's just a circular thing for me.

My runs have all been really short lately but I'm optimistic that I'll keep improving and, in turn, be happy to get back to my more regular mileage.

hog4life

11.25 total. My intent was to do 4 miles at tempo pace but the temp was too hot and legs were just too heavy. I got some decent mileage, so that's good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Sorry for being MIA but I was traveling from Friday through last night.  Marathon done (#24, I think).  And overall, it was OK.

SRD # 2.

Damaris

Damaris - read about your race in a couple of different spots... Congrats! You have amazing stick-to-it-ness!

I took this week off running, did a lot of office work and a lot of walking. I like walking to the office (3.3 miles) great way to start the day mentally fresh - I may extend the distance out in non running days. 30 minute run today (+ gardening), 60 minutes tomorrow. Starting the build up again.

Happy Saturday, A

Recalculating...

First beach run in off and on showered and extremely humid. 4 miles of peaceful calmness.   nothing makes me feel as good as a run on the beach.

HF # 1189

hog4life

16.14 miles total for the day. I had the 10k + 5k races that went pretty well considering the temps. I think I'm done racing until the fall and will focus on building my mileage. I would love to hit 40-45 per week going into my fall halves.

lsp

Lump Off

Ha!  Hog - you beat me to it.  I am done racing for a while and am going to focus on steady higher mileage.  If I can ever find my heart rate monitor, I'll use it and run by HR.

an amazing likeness

I think I mentioned in passing that I tweaked a hamstring at the end of my last race a few weeks ago. Actually on race day, I didn’t think it was much more than a pull or something that would clear up with a few easy days – didn’t have the usual ‘knife stab’ pain that accompanies hamstring tears. But the leg turned out to be seriously wounded and it’s been a rough couple weeks of limping runs since that race for me.

Having spent all of 2013 recovering from hamstring issues (other leg), I’m more than a little bummed by this. Not sure what the cause is, nor the fix. One area I’m going to look is changing shoes to new make/model. I used the same ASICs for years, then made a switch to NB, then the injuries started…could be no relationship, but it’s all I’ve got for ideas.

Other than that drama, May is trudging along on the running front. I did manage to log a few longer runs over the past 10 days, so I’m still going to run the half coming up next weekend – but not as any sort of a goal run…other than just finish faster than last year on this course and don’t hurt anything or make anything worse.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Sorry for being MIA.  I took a week off from running post marathon and started a Hanson-ish plan for San Francisco.  Then, during my mile intervals yesterday, I had an asthma attack, so I am going to go back to Pfitz and more easy running since apparently fast running and my asthma are not compatible this year.  SRD or a run with hubby tonight.

milktruck, sorry to hear about your hamstring.

Hog, great job this weekend!

All, have a great day.

Damaris

Cyberic

Ah, milktruck, those darn injuries. Hope it heals soon.

I quit floor hockey this spring because of a groin issue. The quick changes in direction were killing my groin. But it didn't fix it. Just stopped getting worse. Then I believed it was the fast intervals I was running since I started training for a 10k. I quit those a few weeks before the race and it still isn't going away. Around December or January I started doing lunges before most of my runs(called the Myrtl Routine). I'm now going to stop the lunges for a while. If that doesn't fix the groin either, I'll be clueless.

hog4life

MT, you seem to be having a bad Spring with all the aches and pains popping up. Maybe as we roll into summer, things will start to change for you.

Cyber, IMO, you should stop any, and all, types of activities that aggravate the groin. I think if you only run easy paced miles it will aide in the healing the most.

I did 6.2 tonight with Bella

hog4life

Another good run on Thursday evening, 8.25 with Bella. The temps are really getting warm, I might need to do some night time running. On Saturday morning, I have the NOBO graduation 5k in which I'll be a pacer.

It looks like May will be a record month for me surpassing my old mark of 161.

Where is Spring - the last couple of mornigns been a little chilly, but still better than winter.  Got in 3.37 yesterday and had to push myslef out the door today for 1.7 - better than nothng.

Great job Hog - I did not know they had pacers for 5K's.  You are still to fast for me.

Cyber - I hate to say that the only thing to cure the groin is rest.  I had a slight pull last year and running slow did help, but then a much more experienced ruuner friend had one a few  years prior and made me promise to take 2 weeks off from everything and let it heal.  She did not and it took her longer to heal.  I did and for what it is worth it did seem to help. It was hard to get back to it and stay slow.  Everythime I pushed it I could feel it, so slower it had to be.  Good luck and hela fast.

D-R - you have had an amazing recovery, stupid asthma getting in the way.  Glad you are being smart and taking it easy.

Happy running !

HF # 1189