Half Marathon Trainers

August (Read 35 times)

ashleyww

It's good to see so many folks out doing their double-digit runs.  It makes me feel like maybe I am not so crazy after all.  In fact some of you make me feel a little bit like a slacker with all of the miles you are putting in. Wink

I raced a new distance Sunday, did four miles non-stop (no walking!) for the first time ever on Tuesday and did half mile intervals at a  sub 10:00 pace today!  From my runs recently I am feeling up to tackling my first double-digit run on Saturday.  I know 10 isn't much further than 9, but mentally it seems bigger than that.  I am planning my run as a point-to-point run, ending at the local TIm Horton's where my husband, and food, will be waiting for me!

Continuing to run without a plan, just on feel. Went out last night and said, okay I should run easy since I had a hard run on Sunday, but have had two days off so lets see how I feel and see if I can 6 miles at 9:00 pace (my HM goal is 9:10).

Felt so good, I put in an extra mile.  Here are my times:

Mile 1 9:13, 2 8:57, 3 8:49, 4 8:56, 5 8:54, 6 8:59, 7 8:51

I thought the last mile was going to be quite a bit less as I felt like I was cranking, but it was what it was.

Did 7 miles of biking tonight, but knees didn't like all of that bending.

Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

an amazing likeness

Took today off from work and just puttered around, which really turned into just sitting around for the most part....I'm such a slacker. But I did get off my ass for a hilly run, and the 7mi pushed my total for Aug over 200mi. So there's that.

Looking at the calendar, it just occurred to me that my next half is next weekend -- it feels like ages since my last half....so I'm looking forward to the fall season with 3 HM on the schedule, and probably some additions coming later in the year.

Hope all in the States enjoy the long weekend before fall, schools and all that starts in earnest.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Long Weekend in Canada as well. Labour Day Monday which means Labour Day Classic game on Sunday. Go Riders!

Also means it's 8 days until my fall race. Thanks for the reassurance, MT! I'm starting to freak out about my training. I'm hoping for two really good runs this weekend (9 Saturday and 6 Sunday) to give me a boost of confidence. Z, I hope I'm getting stronger and Larry, working on better hydration. Last few runs haven't cramped up in the legs. Thanks for the reminder.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Okay, I gotta say I had a great run this morning (if you ignore I had to quit just short of 4 miles bc of lightning.) It was 15*C (60*F) which is much cooler than the 30*C+ (86*F+) I've been running in and I just felt like I could go. I needed that. Smile

Now I'm sitting in the dark in my living room watching it storm. Sad

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Larry - you are fast!

Meg - I'm loving the 60F too (short run today)  it only got up to the high 70s this summer and I was pretty crabby. I love the fall, bring it on.

Happy Saturday guys.

Recalculating...

Ayola, not really, especially considering just 4 years ago, I ran 1:40:06 HM (something like 7:35 pace) and a week later broke 21 min 5K at 20:51 (something like a 6:43 pace).  I was thinkin ghte other night, that I used to run faster than I biked the other night.

But not dwelling on the past, only the present which has me back on my feet and feeling good.

So I'll take it as a compliment and say thanks.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"