Half Marathon Trainers

Bring on October! (Read 31 times)

hog4life

Thanks for the input on HR. I did 4 easy with Bella today.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I went out for a 4 today and decided after a mile to throw pace out the window because I was feeling relaxed and good. I walked at the end of mile three to chat with a teacher I ran into and ran my last mile home. I logged it as tempo bc most of it was unintentionally in that range. It felt good. I wish I knew how to capture that relaxed at a quick pace feeling in a bottle. Just an unusual outing,

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I ran 6 with 2 at MP last night.  SRD today, so Pilates and a massage.  One more run!

Damaris

hog4life

6.25 this morning, tomorrow is a RD, then will try to race a 15k on Sat.

Cyberic

Easy 5's all week, every other day. Should start increasing mileage this upcoming long weekend.

I'll have to quit hockey. After only 2 games the groin pain is slowly creeping back. It sucks to quit because your body can't handle it. I'd probably have to do targeted exervises and stretches but with my running, I don't have time to invest in another sport other than just play the other sport.

Cyberic

Wish you a good race Mitch! (Although it might already be over)

Started enjoying running again during yesterday's run. About halway through, it came back. That's good Smile

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Managed to turn my ankle on uneven pavement the other day on a run. Stopped and checked things out, no pain and no discomfort, kept going. No problem rest of the day. The next morning, I woke up to find that ankle stiff. It loosens up as I move around more. I went for a run and it didn't bother me one bit on the run. But by the end of the day, that spot just above the outside of my ankle (about 3" up from my ankle bone)  just feels tired if that makes any sense. It's a bit stiff today. It's never been painful at all. I iced a bit and that seems to help. I'm not sure what I've done, mostly irritated it I expect. There's no bruising or swelling. I've reduced mileage for the weekend. I ran half my run yesterday and today's 5 might be a 3-4 miler. I'm going to run a half next weekend so what I'm doing now isn't going to affect the result unless I get stupid and really injure myself. Easy mileage this week, short runs. I'll be fine.

Eric, enjoying running again is huge! Yay!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Cyberic

I'm going to run a half next weekend so what I'm doing now isn't going to affect the result unless I get stupid and really injure myself. Easy mileage this week, short runs. I'll be fine.

Eric, enjoying running again is huge! Yay!

It seems everytime I have a race scheduled I injure myself a bit in the weeks leading to the race. Everytime I make the same choice, the one you're making, to cut back a bit on the training to get to the starting line as healthy as possible. I think it takes 10 days to get benefits from a workout, so one week from your race, play it safe.

Enjoying running is huge for sure because if I don't enjoy it for a while, I'm going to stop doing it most probably and start doing something I enjoy.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Went to Chicago and back.  Race went OK but I had a lot of asthma issues in the second half so I backed down.  Still, the fastest I have run in 2 years.  Yay.

Damaris

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Yay for fastest Looks like a strong finish. Trending down on pace those last few miles. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

HI All - ended my streak last Firday - 152 days.  I started back to the gym and for some reason my shins were very sore after 3 days of running on the treadmill.  This is something I never expeienced before so I decided it might be time to take a rest day.  I was a little upset, disappointed, but overall I knew it was best, even though I am running slower by HR, obviously something was amiss.  I think after being outside for the last 6-7 months, I must be running differently on the treadmill.  After 2days off, 2 runs outside and then back to the treadmill yesterday and today for 2-3 mile runs and so far no soreness, so hoping it is all set.

Meg - that ankle will be fine, slow easy runs until the half and then remember it is for fun with the LLR ladies.

Anyone heard from Jo?  I believe the half they were trainig for was this past weekend.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

hog4life

7.13 with Bella last night. It was 55 degrees and windy, it's the best run we've had in a while.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Sorry I have been lazy and not posted here.  I have not run since the race but I have 4 scheduled for tonight.

Damaris

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Barb, that is an impressive streak! Be proud of that and of the fact you are smart enough to take the rest day you need so you don't get injured! Smile Besides, now you have a mark to try to beat someday.

HL, I love when I know a run was really good. Those are the satisfying ones. Smile

D, you earned that break! Smile

Ankle is feeling pretty good. I'm icing it about once or twice a day for 15 minutes at a time. Keeping the runs easy. I got a virtual bag email from the race today and wow, release the butterflies. Excited about the race this weekend. Running with my sister and with the LLR! (I just wish more LLR ladies were able to come to this meet up but I get it. I've never made it to one before this.)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

hog4life

17 for me this morning that felt really good. Ha, maybe I should have done a few more.