Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - May 25 & 26 (Read 17 times)

an amazing likeness

We've reached the Memorial Day weekend here in the US, the traditional kick off to summer...15 weekends of summer between Memorial Day and its bookend at the end of summer, Labor Day. Here in New England and Atlantic Canada summer comes later, but we've got all benefits of days which are 6 hours longer than the dark days of winter and can finally safely pack away all the reflective winter gear.

Looks like two major events on the calendar this weekend....with TaraC and Rondog65 setting out for a running tour of downtown Boston in their half which runs through every section of the city. Hog4life and superbunny will kick off their Memorial Day in the heat of deep Alabama with Mitch taking on the 10K + 5K challenge: run the 10K, rest about 45min, then back to the line for the 5K! (correct?)

May 25, 2014 TaraC Boston's Run to Remember 13.1 miles Boston, MA
    May 25, 2014 Rondog65 Boston's Run to Remember 13.1 miles Boston, MA
    May 26, 2014 hog4life The Cotton Row Run 10K, 5K, 1 Mile 10K plus 5K Huntsville, AL
    May 26, 2014 superbunny The Cotton Row Run 10K, 5K, 1 Mile 10K Hunstville, AL

Wishing light breezes, easy opening miles, and well-marked courses to all our racers for this weekend. Run strong!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Fleet feet everyone.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Good luck!

No kidding about the late summer start, chance of frost tonight! Sending fresh and frigid Atlantic air to your races...

Recalculating...

Cyberic

Good racing everyone

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Fleet feet All! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Rondog65

Just completed Boston's Run to Remember; Half Marathon - 2:01:43  This is the largest race I have run so far with over 7,000 Half Marathon runners and over 2,000 5 milers on the course at the same time.  Great race, and I had great time, course packed the whole way, crowd support etc.  The course was very scenic from the brownstones, over and along the Charles, pass the MIT college flanked with officers supporting the runners, and back downtown pass the Common and to the seaport.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

hog4life

Congrats Ron!

MT,  yes that is correct for me

hog4life

10k was 52:02 which is good for 34 second PR. The 5k was 25:03. Met my goal of beating 1:20 for both events with a combined total of 1:17:04. Temp was 70 at 7:00 am, at 9:30 it's in the 80's, rather brutal, seen a few people go down and a few more in the medical tent at the finish line.

ETA:

10k stats, 481/2182 OA, 41/167 AG, winner was 29:20

5K stats, 151/1847 OA, 6/86 AG, winner was 16:14

Cyberic

Great running guys

Great races gentlemen. Congrats on the PR's

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

lsp

Lump Off

Sounds like a good racing weekend.

I ended up switching to the 5k since my running has not been that great.  I ran a nice 28Tight lippedx training run and it was fine.

Congrats to all - -

I had a nasty case of strep 7 days prior - so I paced a friend for the Run to remember - she broke 1:50 and I was so happy for her.

Trying to find a replacement race -

T

Ready, go.