Half Marathon Trainers

October! (Read 37 times)

Cyberic

That's nice milktruck. Nice that you want to remember all who helped you. Nice that today's run has something special.

Happy anniversary MT, glad you're still HERE.

Recalculating...

Zelanie

MT- Thank you for sharing your story.

hog4life

15.1 miles today, and they were rough.

hog4life

3.7 recovery miles, it was painful at first, but felt ok after I loosened up. Race Report is up.

MT, A great story and another example of determination and perseverance and some good luck thrown in.

So how did the run go?

Vegefrog, congratulations on the addition to the running world and welcome back

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Okay, so I've been absent a lot for the last 3 weeks or so, but still around (will be around less over the winter).  Not getting much running in due to work and also combined with a 9 day stay in Curacao for a much needed vacation with my bride of 39 years.

Calf has healed up and although not getting many runs in, legs feel great, stride has opened up and I'm running faster and easier.  Had my first sub 8 minute mile a few weeks ago at the end of a 5 miler for the first time in probably 3 years.

Did a 4 miler tonight going out easy at about 9:10 and then just kept rolling finishing at 8:46, 8:22 and 8:10 and never felt like I was putting in a real hard effort.  I did notice that the cold was affecting and bothering my lungs, so this week will probably be the last outside run for a while, especially with the clock change coming and not enough day light available.  If we get some warm weekends, I'll get out, in the meantime, will use my threadmill and stationary bike.

Have DRs appointment for checkup next week, DR hasn't seen me in 6 months and is going to find me 30 lbs lighter and is not going to believe how I feel or beleive that I'm running and running so well.  (Remember they told me to walk and forget about running)  It should be interesting.

Larry

LPH

vegefrog

Larry I love your story of getting strong and coming back to running after injury!

So I am pretty pissed off, LOL, my SI joint is in pain!! I thought I took it slowly enough and did everything right but I guess not. Ugh.

Hurts to even walk. My favorite race of the year is this weekend too Sad I'm still going to go and cheer for my buddies, but I have to be honest. This cheering is getting OLD!!!!!!!!! I'm so competitive I want to be BACK.

Life is long. I'm just going to take out my frustration on my abs I guess until it heals.

Anyone ever go to a chiropractor and have a wonderful, great, "I'm so happy I did that" experience? I've had one recommended to me by another runner, but I'm a bit leery of that "science"...

Actually, my return was after some health issues, more so than the injuries.

I fully understand about getting old being a cheerleader (besides I'm getting old and my cheerleader outfit doesn't look very good on me any way) but it keeps you engaged in the sport, especially when you can't run.

I did some volunteer work at a couple of races to get involved in another way and it was a great way to meet new people some of whom you'll find had to give up running for various reasons and still have fun.

Although I don't beleive in it, a freind of mine with chronic back problems went to a Acupuncturist and now swears by it. I still don't beleive it.

Larry I love your story of getting strong and coming back to running after injury!

So I am pretty pissed off, LOL, my SI joint is in pain!! I thought I took it slowly enough and did everything right but I guess not. Ugh.

Hurts to even walk. My favorite race of the year is this weekend too Sad I'm still going to go and cheer for my buddies, but I have to be honest. This cheering is getting OLD!!!!!!!!! I'm so competitive I want to be BACK.

Life is long. I'm just going to take out my frustration on my abs I guess until it heals.

Anyone ever go to a chiropractor and have a wonderful, great, "I'm so happy I did that" experience? I've had one recommended to me by another runner, but I'm a bit leery of that "science"...

LPH

hog4life

V, I have no experience with the chiro. But there are other runners on some of the other boards that swear by them. What is SI?

Larry, I'm anxious to hear how the appointment goes, please report back Smile

I did and easy 4.8 mile run last night. Tonight will be a rest, then 7-8 on Thursday.