Half Marathon Trainers

August (Read 28 times)

Zelanie

Rockenmama- You are so right, that workout went really well.  I was fretting a bit since I really struggled last week in the midafternoon heat.  This week it was still warm, but I went out in the evening as the sun was setting and it cooled off as I ran.  Tonight's run also put me over 200 miles for August, the first time I've managed that since March of 2013.

I know I'm behind on the calendar, I'll try to get caught up soon.

D- That 16 miler sounds like a tough workout, congrats!

Mitch- That HM is coming up.  How do you think you are going to approach it?

Eric- I know the feeling about "regular" weekly mileage vs. "stunt-like" weekly mileage.  The highest I've ever done is 113 km in a week, but that was with lots and lots of slow doubles, not with any sort of quality work.  With any luck, I should get really, really close to 100 km this week.

Meg- Sounds like you are ready!

Barbs- That is the trouble with goals.  My spring HM was like that because I trained hard for it and then race day threw several curve balls at me.  But without tough goals, we wouldn't have any reason to push ourselves.  And I did learn something about racing that day that did help me a lot in my next HM. But boy will that PR be sweet when the day finally arrives.

Redleaf- I'm glad you went to see somebody about that rotator cuff.  I hope it's improving.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I did 5 miles yesterday but I could barely breathe, so today it's TM time.  5 and weights tonight.

CanadianMeg, great job!  You'll do great!

redleaf, hope the rotator cuff gets better soon.

rocken, nice job on the intervals.  I have heard some having issues with the but so far, mine are great.  Hope you get your replacement ones soon.  I have the Huakas, let me know how you like them (I like the Cliftons better).

Mitch, nice job on the 4.

OK, let me check the next page.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, Z.

Damaris

This morning, Slow tempo run (10:30 m/m) on the treadmill to test out a faster pace with my crooked hamstring. I stopped when it started to ache a bit 2.25 miles. Not bad... this is my fourth day running in a row.  I'm planning on trying this pace at a 10K on September 6th. Then I'll plan my HM pace for October - a bit slower than my original goals for this year.

Rest  tomorrow, short and easy friday and then long slow run saturday (between 11-12) two big hills on this route

Z - awesome mileage - I'd love to get back to a 100 mile month.

Mama - I like that interval set - I prefer the longer ones

Mitch - I'm glad you are back in the game.

Happy wednesday people, A

Recalculating...

hog4life

August 28th is the 2 year anniversary of my colon surgery and being cancer free, woohoo! I took a RD today, so will run in the morning.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

HL, that's great! Congrats! Smile

A, are you coming to TO? Smile

I had a stupidly good run in ridiculous heat!! I know it'll still be hard on race day because it always is, but I'm feeling strong these days. It's not always easy to get out the door, but once I'm out, I come home feeling so good!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Zelanie

OK, now tonight's marathon pace run was hard.  I had school and then open house afterwards and didn't get home until late.  When I do quality work after dark, I generally run the 2-mile loop around my neighborhood.  I just wanted to crawl into bed every time I came around.  But instead I kept running.

NIce job Zel.  I have trouble running by my house especially when I am tired.

I have had the week from hell at work, which has left me tired and unmotivated. .  Mentally drained, but still managed to get out aand run.  Not my best runs but better than nothing.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Did only Pilates yesterday to try to improve my breathing. It worked.  Not 100% but 5 miles done this morning without issue.  Pilates and heavy weights tonight.

Mitch, that's a great anniversary.  Woot!

CanadianMeg, a great run in the heat is awesome news!

Z, nice tough run.

Barbs, I hate when work interferes with running.  Hope things get better.

Damaris

redleaf

August 28th is the 2 year anniversary of my colon surgery and being cancer free, woohoo! I took a RD today, so will run in the morning.

Awesome.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Wonderful!

Recalculating...

Meg - unfortunately I gave up the weekend trip to Toronto awhile ago, too much work/ life right around that time - guests - home reno - so I will be running the local HM the week before in the Annapolis Valley. Glad you had a good run in the heat - I have de-acclimated from a warm climate and barely stand anything over 25C. 13C this morning was perfect.

Z and Barbs - good motivation!

Easy run this morning, kinda blah - Long run tomorrow (around 11.5 miles/ 2.5 hours) , I'll be babying the cranky hamstring.

TGIF

Recalculating...

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Right, A. I was hoping something had changed and you were coming. So many people I'd like to meet and quite a few aren't coming. Sad

Z, that's why I find home loops tough. Good for you for sticking to your plan and getting it done! Smile

Damaris, that's a win. Anytime you can find something that works, it's a win! Smile

Barbs, the less that great runs help you recognize the really good ones! Glad you are getting out there! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Right, A. I was hoping something had changed and you were coming.

Me too...

Recalculating...

hog4life

5 miles this morning, then I mowed. We got some rain coming tomorrow, so not sure yet how I want to do my weekend long run.

Zel, I had initially wanted the Sept 20 half to be my goal, but that's changed with the tendinitis. I think I should just start ramping up my miles, see how I feel that day, start around 9:30 pace, then try to turn it into a progression run, and finish with some 8:45 ish miles. I am then looking at an Oct 19 half, and if base building is still clicking along, try to put out a good effort for that one. Oct 25 will be the TJ half for fun. There's another that I might look at on Nov 8, but I may scratch that for something in February as a goal. I would much rather train hard and race in the cold as opposed to this stupid southern heat.

Meg, I would love to come up north to run a race and meet some people. Last time my wife and I came into Canada, she had quite the anxiety attack that made the visit not so pleasant.