Half Marathon Trainers

I'll miss my long run this weekend, so should I do it ahead of time? (Read 26 times)

superdupersophia

I'll miss my long run on Saturday. I'm going out of town from Friday-Thursday and won't be able to run. Saturday would be my 10 mile long run. Should I do it on Thursday to do it ahead of time or should I just pick up where I left off next Saturday and run my 11 mile long run? Thanks!

hog4life

If it were me, I would do it on Thursday. Do you plan to run while on vacation?

Zelanie

I'll miss my long run on Saturday. I'm going out of town from Friday-Thursday and won't be able to run. Saturday would be my 10 mile long run. Should I do it on Thursday to do it ahead of time or should I just pick up where I left off next Saturday and run my 11 mile long run? Thanks!

I actually like doing my long runs towards the end of the week in the evening.  Feels good to have it done!  But probably it's better to skip it if it would give you a back-to-back with another "hard" workout- like if you do Wednesday speedwork or something.  Then it might make sense to do one or the other, but not both.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I would do it early as well, but as Z says you don't want two back to back tough workouts. I'd run easy on Wednesday and run long on Thursday. (I'd rather lose a tempo or hill workout than a long run.)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.