Half Marathon Trainers

February (Read 22 times)

hog4life

I started the month with a 6.85 mile trail run.

Emmbee, on my 16.5 mile LR yesterday, my HR only hit 163. On today's 6.85 trail run, it hit 162. The graphs really show some pretty big swings, and I suppose that was when I stopped waiting for friends, or really slowed down.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

From yesterday, my monitor showed 172 as an average with a high of 183.  I'm very curious to see how this plays out once I can test my max.

Today's a rest day for me; always seems unfair to start a new month that way!

From the Internet.

My running mojo is gone. Between IT band woes and winter storms I managed 14 miles two weeks ago, 12.75 miles last week. Hoping to run a bit more than that this week - breaking back into the 20s would be amazing.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys!  We traveled to Cali this weekend to run the Surf City HM, which is the only thing I have done in February (and Pilates today).  We had fun!

Mitch, nice job on the run.

emmbee, get that max!

Lauren, sorry your mojo is gone.

I finished January with 181.15.  Not my usual but getting there.

Damaris

hog4life

Damaris, still a respectable month of miles though.

Lauren, hoping you find your mojo soon.

I had a decent interval work out today of 7.1 miles with 5x1200's. I was aiming to hit 8:00-8:10 pace, will need to check the data after I upload the Garmin.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Today's a rest day.  Yesterday was an odd run; I ran in the dark, as the moon was rising, and while I ran very slowly, I felt fluid and efficient in a way I haven't in a while.  Seven slow miles, followed by weights.

I think I'm going to race the race on Saturday; my better half points out the the odds that I don't gun it are pretty small.  So tomorrow I will run my planned easy run, and Saturday if I manage a hard race I'll call it a day, and if I end up jogging it I'll treat it as the first part of a long run.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Very busy with work this week.  Had issues with three kitties while we were on the trip, so Monday was spent taking care of them.  Tuesday was 6 miles, Wednesday was 9 with 5 at faster than MP, yesterday was 6 plus 2ish with hubby.  Tonight, I am planning on running 7 and do some Insanity Plyo. I am so glad it's Friday!

Damaris

hog4life

5 miles with Bella this evening to shake things out and work outthe soreness. I put a RR up top in the sticky of my 25k trail run, lots of fun, looking forward to that one again.

Last week

monday 50 min treadmill with some 5 minute HM pace thrown in, wed spin class, thurs 45 min treadmill, sat and sun 5 miles treadmill each (instead of one ten miler) Lots of ice chipping and shovelling not logged, ha! Hoping for a short outside run later in the week. Officially starting HM training this week, I'm doing the Ryan Hall plan as well - with some rest weeks - and a lot slower than Mitch.

Emmbee - how was that 5k?

Recalculating...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Ended up my week with 16.09 with the last 8 at MP + 10%.  Very strong week.  RD for me tonight.

Damaris

emmbee

queen of headlamps

I did not race well (30Tight lippedx, over 3 minutes off of my November PR), but the race itself was fabulous and I had fun.  A nice field of 692 runners, a killer hill, and a really well-run race.  I finished off the day with another 5 miles after a weights workout -- not exactly a long run, but I'll take it.  I'll write up the race later in more detail, but it was good.

I am really struggling to hold paces that I did easily in Sept/Oct.  I'm exhausted all the time and I'm wondering if maybe I should look into getting my iron levels checked, or if it's just normal to take this long to come back after a month off.  Couldn't manage five miles today because I feel too tired to lace up my running shoes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

emmbee, sounds like a tough race.  Great work!

Morning!  I have Pilates, 6 and weights tonight.  RD yesterday and I got home at 10pm so it was the right call.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Had a decent week despite being unable to run as much as I'd wanted - can't run early AM right now because the roads are terrifying, it's too damn cold and dark to be navigating snowbanks and ice patches while also dodging cars, so I have to fit in my midweek miles on the treadmill during work hours.

I had a dry needling treatment for the IT band at PT on Wednesday, it was magical - ran a few easy miles in the afternoon and it was like I had a whole new leg. Ran 3.5 miles with some hills on Saturday and 80 minutes on the treadmill Sunday without a peep from the IT band, so things are looking much less bleak! Now if only the weather would cooperate.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

5 and change for me today, in the dark, with my handlights.  Last week a passerby out walking his dog at night said I looked bionic.  World's slowest Iron Man.

hog4life

6.5 miles tonight with 7 x 800's.  My plan called for 8 but Bella almost tripped me during the 7th, and I was exhausted after keeping myself from falling.