Half Marathon Trainers

July (Read 26 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

And darn it, Barb, you aren't coming to TO either, are you?

Lisa, is he feeling better today at least? Good for you for going to yoga. I wish I had someone to go to yoga with.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  I have been busy with work to the guazoo!  I have been running and am 3 weeks from my next marathon but work has been killing my energy.

I did 5 TM miles this morning with more tonight after Pilates.

Let me do shoutouts from page 1 and then proceed on page 2.

Zelanie, glad you have been able to continue training while in Costa Rica.  Enjoy!

Mitch, I am not sure if I saw the reason for your extended running break.  Hope everything is going well.  Glad to hear you're back at it.

redleaf, how are you liking the swimming lessons?

Cyberic, I plan on not running while on vacation but I bring my gear just in case (just 1-2 shorts, etc.)  If it happens, fine; but if not, fine.  Running will be back when you return.  Enjoy!

Barbs, in those conditions, you did a great job!

Canadian, maybe it's the weather affecting your pace?

Let me check page 2....

Damaris

So sad that I am not, but I have to go to CA for my nephew's "wedding"  (long story) that Tuesday, so I could not do both.    You guys will have to post a lot so I can see what fun I am missing.

And darn it, Barb, you aren't coming to TO either, are you?

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Lots of work/ life in the last couple of weeks, but I managed a short run this morning, and I'm looking at 6-7 miles tomorrow morning. Put in some gardening time after coffee and now I'm inside with Le Tour and working on my training plan for the October race while its hot outside.

Redleaf - love to hear about the swim lessons... I started that several years ago but put it on pause when we moved to Canada.

Darmaris - I have no idea how you do it.

Z - ready for the race report when you are. I'd like to go to Costa Rica one day.

Happy Saturday folks, A

Recalculating...

hog4life

Damaris, the break was nothing in particular, work, life stuff, legs said so. The 6 days did some good too. I should do that more often and quit being so bull headed.

A, are you doing a particular plan? Or making your own?

Yesterday was 4 crappy miles with my Bella. These summer temps and humidity are just too much for her, so running with her will stop until colder temps come back. I had a terrific run this morning of 14+ miles that had a few hills.

Today actually starts my 10 week plan for the Sept 20 half. Sundays are supposed to be rest days, but I couldn't pass up the group run. I will need to flip/flop Mon and Tues though because of todays run.

I'm trying to decide on getting a few more halves on the schedule; I got Oct 19, Oct 25, Nov 8  dates picked out, just waiting for some extra funds to get registered. I should be doing a 5k on Aug 9 too.

6 miles today.

Mitch - I'm modifying a 10 week Ryan Hall plan to fit my needs over 13 weeks. Gives me a chance to take a rest week here and there. Still filling it out on RA. 10k pace intervals on Tuesday!

I'm not much of a racer but I'd like to do my local 10k in August and try to find a late local race in early november.

A

Recalculating...

hog4life

6 miles today.

Mitch - I'm modifying a 10 week Ryan Hall plan to fit my needs over 13 weeks. Gives me a chance to take a rest week here and there. Still filling it out on RA. 10k pace intervals on Tuesday!

I'm not much of a racer but I'd like to do my local 10k in August and try to find a late local race in early november.

A

That sounds great! I really like that Ryan Hall 10 week plan. That's the one I'm using again for the 3rd time. I should probably venture out for something different, but have had good results with it.

redleaf

That sounds great! I really like that Ryan Hall 10 week plan. That's the one I'm using again for the 3rd time. I should probably venture out for something different, but have had good results with it.

Mitch likes it so much he sent it to me last year Smile I'm trying it again this year - starting this week with some double up weeks. I'm looking forward to it

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Cyberic

Hola

I am in Barcelona right now and although it's very hilly, I have found a great spot to run, where the Olympics were held. Traffic is light there and it is close to where I'm staying. I also have access to a track.

Zelanie

Eric- I'm glad that you found a good place to run there and a track!

Mitch- Hope the racing bug helps you keep up your miles!

Meg- Hope you have a fun get together!

D- Hope you are enjoying the taper. Smile

Barbs- Enjoy CA and the "wedding"

ayola- Hope the intervals went well!

Redleaf- Good luck with the Ryan Hall plan.  It turns out he won the Correcaminos HM here in Costa Rica last year.

As for me, my quads are a bit sore from the HM, but other than that, I feel great.  I have been in Monteverde hiking around and doing touristy stuff for the past two days, so no running.  Tomorrow it's back to town and hopefully back to getting some good mileage in, although I have another big event this weekend that might also get in the way.

Cyberic

Zel, your trip sure sounds like fun.

Me, I run less than my usual average but spend way more time on my feet. Barcelona is hilly so many many stairs. So the legs are getting their workout

hog4life

Cyber, your trip sounds nice too.

First real speed work done in a long time, 6x800's with 400 recoveries. I was looking for 8:20 ish, but each time I looked at my watch, was 7:15-7:45. Oh well, felt good to push a little, finished with 8.8 miles total.

Cyber - I remember the hill near Olympic stadium, you're going to be in great shape after vacation. Get some Barcelona beach running in too!

Mitch  - I did 6x800 too on Tuesday at a much slower pace, testing out my 10k pace on the treadmill - started at 10:30 but worked my way up to 9:40. Felt great at the time but by 3 pm I was a zombie at the office. Ha! Next week I'll start in the middle (10:10 m/m) and try to be more consistent.

Easy run tomorrow, A

Recalculating...

redleaf

Just a random swimming update. I missed last week because of my cold (didn't seem right to contaminate a whole pool) so I had my second session tonight. Our whole group of 5 was there. 4 ladies, 1 guy. And the 19 year old instructor. Sigh. I'm old enough to be his mom!

Anyway, my dives are definitely improving. So is my "proper" form for treading water. But what I loved today was the fact that my legs are strong - thank you running. We did a whole bunch of lengths with just our legs practicing different kicks and, while my quads were a little sore, I was no where near as uncomfortable as the other women were complaining to be Big grin

no run though today. Slept in. Probably for the better though as I will be trying to give blood in the am.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Still busy at the office and started tapering for SF.  So, my runs have all been blah.  This week I have only run once (5 miles on the TM).  The rest has been XT.

ayola, I hate when life gets in the way of our workouts.  Hope work gets better.

Mitch, glad to hear the break did you good.

Cyberic, nice!  Enjoy Spain.

Zelanie, nice job on the race!

redleaf, nice job on the swimming.

Damaris