Half Marathon Trainers

September is here! (Read 30 times)

an amazing likeness

Mitch- You are my hero for staying strong in the face of obstacles. 

+1

Thanks MT, but for now, I'm still a lonely runner, who doesn't travel to run/race.

Yeah...me too, actually.  I always have run alone and somehow I thought it would be a good idea to join a team of 12 for this relay -- and I've only met 2 of the other runners previously.  One because he's an RD of a race I've run a few times, the other I recognized during a half from her profile picture on RA and said 'Hi' as we ran along for about 30 seconds....

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I love running alone as well.

10 with 6 at MP last night. They were good. Not super, just good.

6 and weights tonight.

Damaris

hog4life

MT, I was actually supposed to do the Bourbon Chase in Oct, but I pulled out because of my leg stuff. If I wasn't coming off this injury, and could afford the trip, I would come do the relay with you in a heartbeat. I hope to do the Bourbon Chase next year, as my employer and one of our sister companies plan to do the event every year.

I skipped my easy run yesterday to pull weeds from the flower beds, so, I'll run this afternoon when I get off.

hog4life

I got a 3 miler on Friday, then 10.5 on Sat morning.

Zel, did you see rockmom's post about adding her race to the calendar? She's racing on the 7th.

Cyberic

~14 miles done this morning in nice fresh temperatures. It was about 53F when I started and 63F when I finished.

Since I shortened my weekly long run (tapering starts today), I did 2 times about 2km at HMP. I was running at what felt like comfortable HMP, and ended up slower than I thought. Target HMP is 4:30/km and both "fartleks" were at 4:36/km. No temperature excuse here. Maybe my expectations are too high. I'm not too worried about it, but a little. I usually run my splits too fast, not too slow!

Bah, the worse that can happen is that I'll run the event slower than I had planned. It would suck though.

HI All..been MIA due to craziness at work.  Tryng to catch up with you all>  I have still been runing daily and doing the MAF training.  MY hald is 2 weeks away, and even though I have been running a couple of crappy humid runs have brought some doubt back.  I wanted to do another long run Saturday and trhow some hills in. Started that way, but the humiidty was just a killer..4.5 miles of hills and then 1.5 miles of tryin to get my HR down and keep it down just didn't go well.  Decided to call it a day.  Went out yesterday and did 6.5..it was much better out, but I was tired and my legs were feeling the hills.  2 mile recovery today.  It was a great day for running..hoping for weather like this.

Run, Walk, Crawl, just Finish.

HF # 1189

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Sorry for being MIA during the weekend.  Lots of running and doing nothing, ha.  Did 6 on Saturday with hubby and 18 yesterday morning between 91-101F and 80 dewpoint.  That felt humid, even to me.

Mitch, nice runs.

Cyberic, nice 14.

Barbs, keep the MAF and you'll see improvement!  Good luck with the HM.

I have the Michelob Ultra 13.1 Boston this weekend (not sure if I put it on the calendar).  I am doing it as a workout for my marathon training.  Hoping my coach does not change his mind and has me running faster than MP.

Damaris

Did 6 on Saturday with hubby and 18 yesterday morning between 91-101F and 80 dewpoint.  That felt humid, even to me.

Ack! Glad you survived!

I had a hot and humid and slow  run on Saturday (not Miami hot) and dialled it back to 2 hours/9.6 miles from 2.5 hours which would be 11.5 miles for me. I'll try for the 2.5 hours again next weekend. Sunday recovery jog and gym stuff. Today, so much cooler and breezy (5 miles) hoorah! Usually I rest on Monday but I switched it up for work .

Looking good folks, A

Recalculating...

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

What craziness the weather is here! Yesterday, it was about 18*C or 64*F and sunny when I finished my race. Conditions were good for the run, but I felt bad for the full marathoners, esp the mid to back of packers bc we hit 27*C or 80*F for our daytime high yesterday. I'm sure it was hot when they were finishing. Today? Fully cloudy and cool. I ran after school, headed out about 4pm. Temp 9*C or 48*F with a 29kph wind and 88% humidity. It's trying to spit, but not much. I had to pull out my running tights. Definitely feels like fall today!

My run today was really pretty good despite conditions. I couldn't find the pace I wanted in the first mile, felt very up and down, but I settled into a good pace in mile 2. Only 2 today but I think I easily could've done 4 and felt good. Quads are a bit sore but no other complaints. No lead legs thankfully.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

redleaf

Meg - I've got friends in Alberta who posted pics of the SNOWSTORM today!

Monday = cross training for me. I some how or other stumbled back to my true love. 4-2 win (and 1 of the 2 was scored on a power play) and a 1-1 tie because, really, if you're going to play hockey for the first time in at least 5 years (and really the first time on the ice at all in over 2 years) there's no reason to not play 2 games in one night.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Pilates was tough (that woman is tough on me, love it) and the 4 were slow but the run flowed.  Good.  Today, I have 9 miles with 2 X 2 miles at HMP.  I think my coach has a sense of humor, ha.

ayola, nice job in tough weather.

Meg, glad to hear your run went well.  I get angry when I see my race ending up in bad weather and the next day has the best weather to run.  Grrrrr.

redleaf, sounds great!

Damaris

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Yep, so snow here, but it's only 3*C or 37*F this morning and raining. Yuck! Coldest morning yet, but at least it's not white out there.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

an amazing likeness

Completely out the blue, September's been a big ol' goose egg for me in the running department. Zilch, nada, zip, zero, zed, naught.

Set out for a routine, easy run on Sept 1st and ended up a torn muscle in my calf where the achilles attaches. I've taken more days off in the last 7 days than in the past 18 months. Ugghh...Finally may have started to recover. Ran an easy 4-ish tonight and no sharp pain, just uncomfortable and not able to toe off.

Relay race event this weekend....208 miles, 36 legs, 11 runners in a van. When I warned him about my calf, the team captain knocked my assignments down to shorter legs (prudent), but it's a lot of time in a van to run 18 miles total.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Zelanie

Yikes, MT, hope that you are up for the relay this weekend!

Cyberic

if you're going to play hockey for the first time in at least 5 years (and really the first time on the ice at all in over 2 years) there's no reason to not play 2 games in one night.

. I haven't started my season yet. The 19th or around there. I sure ain't going to play two games that day.

MT, aaah, that sucks. Since you're running again, it sounds minor... hopefully?

Snow? Snow already! I refuse!