A Mile A Day

Weekly Checkin - 6/29/09 (Read 263 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

Lots going on this week so congrats to all of you!

I had an okay week -- still getting used to having the kids around and adjusting my schedule.  It is hard to stay awake at night when I am getting up so early to sneak the runs in!  Feeling strong although lots of little aches and pains.  I am wondering if some of my problem is my shoes -- they changed the model (Nimbus 11) and I might need to adjust to it.

Hope everyone has a good week and 4th of July!

I'm a nimbus girl also and today I bought a pair of Nike's to try.  I hope they work out for me because they were about $50 more than my Aisics...

Bring it on.

I have been running on a treadmill barefoot since November last year, and haven't had an accident. The only accident I have had on a treadmill I had sneakers on too. The motor's belt broke, so it wasn't the sneakers fault. Kind of slap-stick-comedy-funny though.

I am very proud that I will be reaching 50 days on Wednesday and I got a mention.  It is amazing how quickly the days turn into weeks and then months.  I am now looking towards 100days.  A great milestone.
          I am very proud that I will be reaching 50 days on Wednesday and I got a mention.  It is amazing how quickly the days turn into weeks and then months.  I am now looking towards 100days.  A great milestone.

I agree, time is flying and the days are adding up really fast.

I finally had a decent week of running and look to build on it this week - although I still need to get out for a run tonight.  Time permitting I should follow yesterday's 8 with a 6.

This group is great and congrats to the milestone runners!

I did socks the first day and it was like running on snow...just a bit too much slip ...Since the reason I am not allowed to run barefoot is "safety" I kind of morally object to running in socks as an improvement.  It was a personal trainer who yelled at me not a real gym employee (contract) so...I may ignore it or go straight to the manager and explain what I am doing.

Ah.  I didn't know if it was a board of health thing.  In New Hampshire at Weight Watchers, you have to put down a paper towel on the scale because bare feet aren't allowed.  I'd ignore it, until someone else says something, then go to the manager.  If you go to the manager first, he/she may just tell you that you can't.  And that would suck.

http://www.runningnotes.net

Still holding strong at +40 days here.  I am trying a new pair of shoes & love them so far (only 2 short runs in them).  They seem to have much more cushion in the heel & the PF seems to be getting better already.  Also, I seem to be running with more of a mid foot strike than a heel strike with these shoes, so I think they will be good all the way around for me.  I'm hoping to get in 6 or so tomorrow to see how they do on a slightly longer run.  I'm not sure I'm brave enough to strap the newbies on for the 12 miler though...

Oh, and I have a friend hopefully converted to streaking!!  She's on day 6 right now.  We used to run together quite a bit, then her job became really demanding & she slacked off for a while.  She's an RA member, albeit a really quite one, so I'm hoping to get her in here with us!

So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
              jeffdonahue

A year and a half today!!!!!!!!  Yay me.  Already got my run in so it is official - now setting my sites on my next streaking goal which I will hit next week.  It is more a personal thing.  When I first started and we had Darrin running with us, I had calculated that 555 days would be the point at which I had a streak half as long as he did.  Unfortunately he stopped streaking, but next week I will hit that 555 days.

A Saucy Wench

besides...555 is a cool number.  Congrats Jeff!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Congrats, Jeff!  I'm very impressed.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Congrats Jeff, that is great!

I have to drag my tail out for an 8-miler tonight in order to keep my little 100+ mile per month streak alive.  I had hoped to set myself up for a 5 miler tonight but time did not permit last night.

Congratulations! That is so cool!!

Top 'O the World!

Congrats Jeff...that's so cool!

I've got a long ways to go to that...wasn't sure if I could make a month, but I have, so fwd!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

A Saucy Wench

blasted bloody (literally) awful run this morning.  at 5 miles I bagged it and went home to bandage and curl up with a coffee.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Still going after the marathon last Saturday. It was tough to run the day after the race since I left for Mexico early in the morning (left house at 4:30 for a 7:00am flight) and only got 3 hours of sleep. By the time we got to our hotel it was dinner and drinking time...I had to partake. Smile I finally digested and sobered up a bit around 10PM and went to the gym only to find it closed. Fortunately one of the windows was unlocked so I snuck in and got a mile in.

~Sara
                              It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have learned that if I am traveling, I almost always try to get my run in before I leave.  Even if that means 3am.  Travel is so unpredictable that you cannot depend on being able to run when/if you arrive.