A Mile A Day

Covid finally got me (Read 13 times)

Teileen

Hey everyone.  I was supposed to be running a marathon today but caught covid from my colleagues. 😞  It sucks for many reasons one of which is that I was primed to PR today and knock an hour off my time from last year.

I went to bed Thursday night with a headache and couldn’t sleep. Woke up with a fever Friday morning that fluctuated between 99-103 through Sat. It seemed to be better at night so that’s when I’ve been getting my runs in on the treadmill.  I woke up today thinking wow I feel so much better, except after walking around a bit I realized I was not ok and back to bed I went.

Anyone have any tales of hope?

Est. 2006

I'm sorry, but it seems pretty inevitable.  I got it in mid-August (the Omicron variant) and kept my streak (barely) but didn't really have energy until after 3 weeks or a little more.  I would not recommend trying to run more than what you need to do to keep the streak until you have almost no symptoms.  This is not a virus that is helped by exercise, unfortunately.  It will pass, but it's rough, and it doesn't seem to matter how fit you are when you get it.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Teileen

Thanks for sharing your experience. That’s what I’ve been doing because I’m worried about developing long covid.  Today was the first day I felt normal and my viral load is low so I went out for a slow 3. Hoping I don’t regret it tomorrow.

Est. 2006

jeffdonahue

I had Covid this summer, but not bad really - no fever, no real exhaustion.  But my brother had it and he said he would wake up and feel fine, then go and stand and do some dishes and then need a 3 hour nap.

Agree to just get that minimum in to try to keep it alive, but health does always come first.

kcam

I had it earlier this fall but it wasn't bad at all for me.  I did have a couple days of headache and fever up to 103 (like you).  I didn't run those days and was either in bed or on the couch.  In total I took three days off from running.  Once that fever was gone I was running again.

Ojo

Finally got me this week!  Ugh!  I definitely have a very mild case -- no fever just headache, chills, stomach issues, and scratchy throat.  I have been able to still run and then rest.

Mainly it stinks because my son is home from Ireland, and I am not able to spend time with him!

Sara

MM #2929

Teileen

Oh man. I’m so sorry Ojo!  That timing is the absolute worst. I was able to do my minimum through it also. Just took it super easy. Almost 30 days out now and back to feeling normal ish.  Rest up and feel better soon.

Est. 2006

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Finally got me this week!  Ugh!  I definitely have a very mild case -- no fever just headache, chills, stomach issues, and scratchy throat.  I have been able to still run and then rest.

Mainly it stinks because my son is home from Ireland, and I am not able to spend time with him!

Aw, that's lousy! I hope it stays minor and you feel better soon. *hugs

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

jeffdonahue

Ugh, that sucks.  Hopefully he's home for long enough that you can get past it and get some time with him.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I just now noticed this thread.  DW and I spent most of a day (12/23) in close contact with our GD, who had a mild cough. The next day she came up positive.  We kept testing, but continued to feel good and get negatives. Seems miraculous.  Either GD was not contagious, or the vaccinations worked wonders.  Sorry several of you had to deal with it. I presume any of us would have the good sense to abandon the streak if our health depended on it...but what's a mere mile? Wink

Teileen

So glad you escaped it.  My partner never got it from me either even though he was in close contact for 48 hours before I tested positive. I feel pretty strongly now in hindsight that my defenses were just down at the wrong time. I was glad to have the streak to get me out of bed at least once a day! Haha. Hope everyone gets and continues to be well!

I just now noticed this thread.  DW and I spent most of a day (12/23) in close contact with our GD, who had a mild cough. The next day she came up positive.  We kept testing, but continued to feel good and get negatives. Seems miraculous.  Either GD was not contagious, or the vaccinations worked wonders.  Sorry several of you had to deal with it. I presume any of us would have the good sense to abandon the streak if our health depended on it...but what's a mere mile? Wink

Est. 2006