A Mile A Day

Just for you (Read 190 times)

A Dance with Monkeys

Eric : ) writes:
    Hi guys, Most of this update consisted of minor bug fixes, including a maps "fix" for IE 8 such that the map won't jump all over the place. The one new feature in this update is a "Streak" widget that displays the consecutive days you did a certain activity. If you customize your summary page, you'll see it on the list of widgets that you can add to the page. This is a very experimental feature. It does not consume much server resource to come up with the value. However, there are two major limitations: - I wanted to allow you to specify a minimum distance or duration for the streak but I'm not able to do so. It only considers if you did a certain activity on each day. It is possible to do that, but the server will have to do a whole lot more work to get that. - This is a useful feature for groups that promote consecutive days of running. However, I couldn't figure out how to count the streaks for multiple people at the same time. I could do it for one member at a time, but that too is very costly for the server. For now, you'll have to accept these limitations. If you're a database guru and know how to do this efficiently, drop me a note. eric :-)
    Check my log to see how it looks Big grin
      Sweet!!!! I had asked Eric about this back when I started the group but always knew he had more important things to work on. But it is pretty cool for us. Yay us. Jeff

2015 Goals

Run 1,800 miles

Do 10 minutes of core work every day

10 mile goal: 1:12:00 (Black Cat 10 miler - March)

Ojo

Love it . . . and it is huge so no one can miss it! Smile

Sara

MM #2929

Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

I fly.

Eric is Awesome!

Bring it on.

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Love it!
                Nice!

Anne

Sweet!

~Sara
                  It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

A Dance with Monkeys

Jugdish just posted explicit directions for how to set this up. Thanks Jugdish!! http://www.runningahead.com/groups/mileaday/Forum/cab54a18d83845dba92cb16a9ac9be07
                      Cool...hadn't seen the original post on this...Smile I haven't been on the forum much lately...I do like that addition though! Happy streaking y'all!