A Mile A Day

100 days!! (Read 173 times)

(copied from my blog)

Today was the magical day, I had my 100th day of daily running. I went for my run this morning at 6AM. I usually run in the afternoon, but that's how the schedule worked out. It was a fantastic run. 53 degrees, cool, and perfect for running. It was 6AM, so it was very quiet out. Perfect for reflecting on 100 days of running. Normally, I don't think about running while running, but today I did.

I thought about how I first started, almost two years ago with the Couch to 5k program. Before that program, I wouldn't have run if a bear was chasing me.

So, some stats as I reflect upon my running...

9/24/07 - the day I started running with the Couch to 5k program
    11/24/07 - the day I ran my first 5k - 34:40 was my time
    I joined the Seacoast Series for the 2008 season and had to complete 6 of 8 races and one had to be a 10k to get a jacket. I ran 7 of the races, 2 of them were 10ks and I am the proud owner of a Seacoast Series jacket.
    6/14/08 - the day I ran my first 10k
    11/9/08 - the day I ran my first half
    6/1/09 - the day I started running every day
    27:27 - my best 5k time on 6/7/09 at the Smuttynose 5k
    54:58 - my best 10k on 8/20/09 at Saunders
    40 pounds - the weight I've lost since running
    Month of August - had a 100+ mile month
    Longest run during the 100 days was 10 miles, least was 1.88 miles
    This year I’ve run a total of 533 miles and 1255 since I began

It's crazy and fantastic and I really hope goes to show that ANYONE can run. I don't have any "next" goals for the daily running, I'm just going to keep going for as long as I can without injury. My next big running goal is the half marathon at the beginning of next month. Thanks for reading along, both with this post and my running journey.

I fly.

Great job!

Bring it on.

Awesome job.  I love the stats.  Keep it up.

Good for you Kathy!  Keep it up! 

MM #2929

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Great job.  Keep at it.

In it for the long run..

"It's not who wins the workout..."

Thanks everyone!!!

Way to go!

2013 Goals:  >2,000 miles, 50-miler and 2 marathons  - Goal met PLUS a 50K.  Take that, Cancer.

Top 'O the World!

very kewl!
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                        A thoughtful reflection on some accomplishments of which you are rightfully proud.  Congratulations!