A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 06/15/09 (Read 264 times)

jeffdonahue

Good luck with your run Chris - hope the ankle is feeling better.
    jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

jb944--good luck on the build for the half. Which race are you doing?

I've signed up for the Chicago Rock and Roll on August 2.  It's my first half (only my second race), so my goal is just to finish and hopefully hear some good music along the way.   Originally I was going to run it with a high school friend that I haven't seen since we graduated.  Unfortunately, she waited too long to register and it sold out, so I'm on my own.

I'm so bummed right now - yesterday I was out running errands with mom.  Two stores - lifting a wheelchair in and out of my trunk - loading 2 bags of potting soil.  All of that went fine.  Then I just turned and twisted a bit and something popped in my back and I'm in a lot of pain.  Chiro adjusted it and has me on ice every 20 minutes.  He said if I take it easy it should be OK in a day or so.  That means I'm probably (notice my stubbornness) going to have to break my streak again.  We will see how the day goes.  Getting up and down is agony, but once I'm up it's not too bad.  And definitely better today than yesterday.

jeffdonahue

Wow, that stinks, but I've been there.  NOt taking my mom in and out of cars, but several times just putting kids in the car when they were smaller and you twist just the right way and BAM your back is killing you.

Good luck.

Jeff

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Thanks, Jeff.  I know I shouldn't go out and try and do a mile today, but being in this group makes me want to keep the streak going.  . .
          celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I've signed up for the Chicago Rock and Roll on August 2.  It's my first half (only my second race), so my goal is just to finish and hopefully hear some good music along the way.   Originally I was going to run it with a high school friend that I haven't seen since we graduated.  Unfortunately, she waited too long to register and it sold out, so I'm on my own.

I'll be in CHI that weekend-- was planning to do the half, but was one of those who missed out as well. Good luck--the course looks beautiful!

Chris
            PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

jeffdonahue

Thanks, Jeff.  I know I shouldn't go out and try and do a mile today, but being in this group makes me want to keep the streak going.  . .

I know that feeling.  I might recommend waiting and finding that one point in the day when your back feels best and getting in a nice easy mile then.  Also, try getting up and wlaking around for a bit first to loosen up the muscles.

200 is in the bag.  Previous record...14 days.
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

jb944, I am a big believer in active recovery. Sitting around makes most back problems worse. Activity keeps you loose.
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

200 is in the bag.  Previous record...14 days.

Niiiiice.

Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

jb944, I am a big believer in active recovery. Sitting around makes most back problems worse. Activity keeps you loose.

I agree... with the added caution that if something is hurting while you're moving around you probably shouldn't be doing it!

30 days, 30 days, 30 days *doing a happy dance* and I have no empty spots on my bar graph!!

Ok, so I'm easily amused! 

So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3

A Saucy Wench

30 days, 30 days, 30 days *doing a happy dance* and I have no empty spots on my bar graph!!

Your chart looks lovely!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Wingz

Professional Noob

My graph

Wingz

Professional Noob

That graph I just posted will automatically update, Eryn, so you gotta keep on now!  Big grin

jeffdonahue

It is SO pretty when all the gaps go away in the chart.