Beginners and Beyond MILES GAME

Team Triple Digits (Read 153 times)

Don't call me Buttercup!

Ok, so I was told ya'll aren't the chattiest group, but I figured I'd start a thread here just in case.  I don't think I actually know any of you on this team, so I'll introduce myself. 

I've been running almost a year, and I used to be on Pavement Pounders, but back in August (I think?) I was having some issues and cut back on my running and talking about running, so I dropped out of the Miles Game.   Recently decided I wanted to play again, but forgot to request that I go back on my old team, so now ya'll are stuck with me.  =)   I'm coming off an injury, so my weekly numbers will be low for awhile, but I'm hoping they'll pick back up again after the holidays. 

Anyway, hi. =)  Feel free to chat among yourselves. =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Hi Di,

Welcome to the team, we don't tend to be the most chatty group, I am not sure why that is.

I "know" you from your posts on the board.  I tend to lurk more than post, myself.  

I will be 42 in February and live in the Denver, CO area.  I'm not married - although I have been seeing a guy seriously for the past year.  I don't have any kids unless you count the furry kind - of which I have 5 (2 dogs and 3 cats)

I have been running since early 2010 when I started with a 24 month walk to run program.  I did my first 5k in October of that year in something like 32 or 34 minutes (it was not timed did not realize that when I signed up).  

During that process I lost a total of about 65 lbs and wanted to lose about 15 more.  

2012 has been a very rough year for me.  I was planning to run my first Marathon in May, but I was sick with respiratory issues for the first three months of the year.  I ran the half instead of the full and did manage to post a sub 2hr half (1:56:39) which was a great accomplishment for me.  

Then I was out all summer with a bum leg, - ankle, hip, glute, hamstring crap.    And I managed to find 15-20 of the lbs I lost.  - so now I have about 30 to lose, ugh.  

I'm slowly ramping my mileage back up - I'm trying to be cautious to keep from being injured again.

I'm hoping that 2013 will be my comeback year.  I'm tentatively planning to do a fall marathon but that will depend on whether I can get my mileage up to 35-40 MPW consistently by June. 

Anyway more than you probably wanted to know.   Blush  

I will try to be more chatty, I promise.  

Angela.

MTA:  Hi to the rest of the Triple Digits, as well. 

You can call me Anna

Don't call me Buttercup!

Angela - hi!

If you're more comfortable lurking than posting, that's fine - don't  feel you have to change on my behalf.  I just wanted to say hi.  =)

I hope 2013 is a better year for us both, running-wise!  

Oh, it is more that I am usually on late in the evenings and I'm on Mountain time.  And the conversation moves so fast by the time I get ready to participate in a thread, anything meaningful I might have added has been said and everyone has gone off to bed.  

Plus, I don't feel like I am qualified to give anyone advice when it comes to running and I try to stay out of any drama that may be happening.  

I'm on the BF FB page, as well - you can find me on the list but I have never posted there and I don't go there very often.  I have a hard time keeping up with the conversation there, as well.    

I feel like I know everyone...but of course no one knows me.   Roll eyes

The BF has always felt like a big, crowded, noisy room to me - as in real life I don't tend to be in the center of the action....but that's okay with me.  I do like talking in "smaller" groups IRL - that probably holds true on-line, as well.  

Do you have 2013 running related goals? 

You can call me Anna

Don't call me Buttercup!

Gotcha. =)

My goals for 2013 are pretty simple. Don't get re-injured (stupid shin!), and run my very first HM!  If all goes well with that, I will be running my 2nd HM a few months later. =)   Is it weird that I have a race planned for October of next year? LOL   I'm planning on meeting some fellow BFers, so that's my main motivation for such forward-thinking.    My original goal was a HM by age 35, but I figured why wait? I'll be 34 in January, and there's no time like the present.   We'll see how it goes - my longest run to date is 6 miles, and that was awhile ago, before I started having issues with my leg.  

I am nothing if not hopeful. =)

I understand being hopeful.  I already signed up for the October Marathon and I have no idea if my leg issue is really resolved completely.  But all you can do is put a goal out there and try to hit it.  

Good luck on the HM.  I ran my first in July of 2011 and then my second in October of 2011.  My third one was the one in May of this year in which I broke two hours.   Just go out there, do the best you can and enjoy it.   

You can call me Anna

aponi

never runs the tangents

I haven't been doing the miles game all that long. I've been running a long time but somehow it's still a constant struggle.

so it goes

I'm coming off of a rather disasterous HM. I finished but I was about half an hour off my PR which would be fine if I was having fun but it was pretty horrible.

Enough whining

I have another HM in March and I'm determined to really train for it and do better than the last one.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Don't call me Buttercup!

Being unhappy about a finishing time is not whining!  Well, unless you finished a HM in 63 minutes or something, and weren't happy with that.  Then I might have to smack you. =)    

Sorry to hear about your HM, aponi.   

Best of luck on your March race.  Keep us updated on your training - that may help.  

I'm attempting to use the training plan here to help keep me on track for the October Marathon.  I built out a pretty simple plan for base building up through June.   Then I modified a marathon training plan that they were talking about here (Hansons) to take me from June to the Marathon.  

We will see if it helps or not.  

You can call me Anna

purrx3

Hi ya'll. Hope you all have a great week.

Don't call me Buttercup!

How's everybody doing?  Last week I ran 13 miles - which is one shy of what I ran in the entirety of November.  I think it's safe to say I'm "back" - and hopefully will be able to put up some numbers for our team! =)

aponi

never runs the tangents

16.06 this week

I need to crank that up a notch to hit the 20/week I have in my 2013 challenge, but this week has been crazy. By crazy I mean that my parents were here Sun & Mon, work was what we accounting folk call "month end" and DH had surgery on Thurs so I spent the day Thurs at the hospital and worked from home on Fri so I could keep on eye on him. There are not that many weeks this out of control. Running this week kept me sane so there's that.

What's really tough is that DH isn't going to be able to run for 2-4 weeks. I don't know how either of us is going to cope with that.

Undecided

In other news I got the Christmas packages mailed off. I'm SUCH an idiot. I got my niece's boy this science kit thing from amazon. Why didn't I have it shipped directly to him? Oh no I got it sent here so I could wrap it, put it in the same box it came in, and pay to ship it there. I paid an $8 fine for being a moron.

Don't call me Buttercup!

LOL   You are not a moron!  I have done similar things. =)   (Wait, maybe that just means we're BOTH morons?? Oh, jeez! LOL) 

At least you got it all done.  I was wrapping gifts last night and put a few under the tree, thinking "why not."   Um, yeah.  I've been a mom for over 5 years now and apparently I'm still making rookie mistakes. LOL   My son noticed the presents IMMEDIATELY as he was coming down the stairs.  I told him (truthfully) that they're for grandma and grandpa - but then I remembered that there is one for him under there... and I told him. 

Duh.   Of course he wanted to open it and now he's all upset because I said no.  He's not a greedy child, but really, asking a 5 year old to wait two weeks is kinda mean.  *sigh*  One day I'll get the hang of this parenting thing!  LOL 

Anyway.  Hoping to get 14 miles in this week, and just keep steadily increasing.  Feels great to be back at it after being injured, but I cannot lie - I am having some serious DOMS after my race on Sunday.  Oy.  Glad today is a SRD! =)

Happy Tuesday, people! 

aponi

never runs the tangents

I remember being a kid and thinking Christmas was never going to come. Do you have one of those chain things where you cut a link off every day? We always did that and it kept us from asking when it was going to be Christmas every single day.

Don't call me Buttercup!

It's funny you mention that, because my son made one in school yesterday and brought it home.  I hung it up last night and he took a link off before he went to bed last night.   Still, knowing when Christmas is coming is one thing - it's another to be patient for that long! LOL