Mediocre Runners and Crossfitters

Howdy (Read 117 times)

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Just thought I would ask what you define as a "Stud". 

I rarely run races regularly but do occaisionally do fun runs. Never won a race or even came close in age/gender groups.  Just try to distinquish myself with honor.

However, when I  do run I usually runshirtless.  To cross train, I usually hit the fitness center - 2-3X week and do daily push-ups etc. 

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Mediocrepat

If you can run a sub 3 hour marathon, then that would disqualify you from the group.  Or like a 16 min 5k.  We're middle of the packers at best.  Our honor is having a beer after the race.  Running shirtless does not disqualify you from the group.  However, if you ran shirtless and were sponspored by reebok, then this relationship would not work.

Welcome aboard.  Keep on runnin'

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

My last race was a 5K  fun run in Toronto, 23:36 minutes [7:36 pace].  Came in 29th overall and 17th in age group so I guess I am a middle of the pack and not a stud.  So much for the ego .  [But would like to win my age group just once.]  Never understood why the 5 minute milers / uber runners like to do the fun run. 

Yesterday was good run ~ 7 miles @ 8:10 pace.  Didn't push it too much since training runs in Toronto last week on concrete roughed up the knees a little.  Thinking of doing 10K on July 4th so need to pace carefully so no injuries. 

Good running, Joe.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum