Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Simon, I would love to move.  The only one not wanting to is my husband.

AmiK, you're on the nag list for the Miles Games.  Please post!

Back at the office.  Training session in 30 minutes.  Bah.  boring.

Damaris

White Lightning

Josh:  Don't you love Pure Cardio?  Seems like 16 minutes should be pretty easy without breaks, and then it's like, wait...I need a break!  I am excited for Shaun T's next program T25.  Sounds like it will be 25 minute workouts, no breaks.

Yeah it's pretty bad ass.  At first doing the workout i'm like whatever, 45 minutes, that's only like a 4-5 mile run.  I was going strong through the first 2/3 then I was toast, more the legs than energy.  I have Pure Cardio again today and want to see if I can push through the entire thing this time.  I have a copy of Asylum and Asylum 2 and they both make me want to cry.

So on tap today is Insanity Pure Cardio then P90X Shoulders, Arms and Abs.  Gonna be a busy one

Play the Game Hard!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have Insanity, P90X, and other stuff from them and love it.  But I never have time to combine them both with my running.  Not enough hours in the day for me.  Bah.  Enjoy the workouts!

Damaris

cmb4314

It seems like the whole darn country is warm this week.....except for those of us getting pummeled by this winter storm.

It's 32 here today, snowed 2 inches last night, and will snow another 10-12 before it's all over.  The warmest day on our forecast is 51 degrees, and that's 10 days from now.   And since there is essentially no such thing as a snow day here, there isn't even an advantage to all of this snow.

Boo weather.  Booooo.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Everyone, thanks for the congratulations. It was a great weekend overall, visiting my uncle in Knoxville, my wife and I both set half marathon PRs, and my uncle got 3rd in his age group for the 5k. The weather was perfect, no rain, in the mid-50's for the race, and low 70's and sunny during the day. Even my Michigan Wolverines were in the Final Four, even though Monday night was a little disappointing result, the whole tournament was great. Tried to convince the wife to drive the 3 hours more down I-75 to ATL for the games, but she wasn't buying.

I had been away from the forum because it would remind me of my failure to keep to my planned winter running schedule, but instead I need to use everyone's motivation and encouragement to keep me honest when I feel lazy.

DTF: No, not running any of the Martian Marathon events this weekend, planning to run a couple weeks of easy miles before ramping up the effort for 6 weeks before the June 2nd Dexter to Ann Arbor Half. And even if it rains a lot this week, at least I don't think I will need to wear my cold weather running underwear any more.

Docket: Of course people will complain about the heat/humidity wherever they are because people like to complain Smile FYI, In Detroit at least, the average dew point for July and August is only 60degF, but of course some days get higher. The high dewpoint last July was 77deg, only a degree higher than your average. And about getting used to high humidity, I guess you probably could get used to moderate humidity levels if you moved from the desert for example, but since (as you mentioned) your body cools itself by the evaporation of your sweat, if the air is completely saturated then there is no way to cool your skin. At that point you are going to overheat at some point if you don't slow down and there isn't any way to just "get used to" that. (Evaporation takes energy since water as a gas is a higher energy state than liquid water. And so for that sweat to transition to a gas, it absorbs some of the heat energy from your skin which cools you.)

Indi: I didn't realize you had gall bladder surgery, even more impressive. I think more people than not would have just given up on that training cycle. I am hoping to lose some additional weight too, but although I am technically "overweight" (185lbs at 5'-11"), I don't feel that I really need to lose more weight for health reasons as long as I don't gain any. My weight loss goal would I guess be more for running speed improvements and vanity, which makes it harder to stay focused on eating better/less.

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

Ball of Fury

CBus:  I am stilling use the same PT for Graston, but I have been pretty bad...haven't been in at least 3 weeks or so!  I was doing better and I honestly just didn't make the time to go, so it's totally my fault.  I am going to ask him to be really aggressive today though.

Damaris:  I posted miles game either last night or this morning, can't remember which.

Josh:  I LOVE Asylum, but I think I actually did cry real tears the first time I did Vertical Plyo...ouch!!  We don't have Asylum 2 yet, but I want it.  I am like Docket, though, and have a hard time fitting in running 40-50 mpw and consistently doing Insanity/Asylum.  Plus, my quality runs suffer if I do too much because my legs are dead and sore.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ball of Fury

FYI, running warehouse is having a secret sale and I got a pair of Kinvara 3, Wave Rider 15, and Adrenaline (for DH) for $157!

Rusk Runner

Nick - No, no, I did not have surgery.  That was just before I started running and what motivated me to get my health in order.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Indi: oops.

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

cmb4314

FYI, running warehouse is having a secret sale and I got a pair of Kinvara 3, Wave Rider 15, and Adrenaline (for DH) for $157!

I keep seeing running shoe sales and going "OOH I should check that out"

Then I remember the brand new pair of Adrenalines that I bought 6 days before I hurt my foot, and never wore.  And the pair of Saucony Hurricane's that I found on RW's liquidation list a few weeks back, after my ankle was already broken, and bought to try when I could run again.

Combined with the fact that the two pairs of shoes that were in my rotation before I got hurt can each absorb another 200 miles or so.  Oh, and the fact that I'm going to be running pitiful mileage for a while when I do come back.

I think I'm set on shoes for a while Joking.

I DO think I have earned a new running outfit when I can run again, though Wink

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Ball of Fury

Cmb:  you have definitely earned a new outfit or two!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oops, you were on the nag list today (miles game, not 2013 game).

I already bought 4 pairs last week (during their liquidation).  I really shouldn't buy another pair.  Don't tempt me!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Well, my theory is that you'll need them soon, so more shoes will help, no?

I keep seeing running shoe sales and going "OOH I should check that out"

Then I remember the brand new pair of Adrenalines that I bought 6 days before I hurt my foot, and never wore.  And the pair of Saucony Hurricane's that I found on RW's liquidation list a few weeks back, after my ankle was already broken, and bought to try when I could run again.

Combined with the fact that the two pairs of shoes that were in my rotation before I got hurt can each absorb another 200 miles or so.  Oh, and the fact that I'm going to be running pitiful mileage for a while when I do come back.

I think I'm set on shoes for a while Joking.

I DO think I have earned a new running outfit when I can run again, though Wink

Damaris

Y'all are crazy! With your shoe and outfit sales.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Ball of Fury

Y'all are crazy! With your shoe and outfit sales.

Hey, I bought a pair for DH too!!