Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

not to be stalker-like but, why does your profile say you're a male?

Speaking of people with stalkers, where is Banshee? Didnt she have someone following her around? I hope she's okay.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Lol...I have no idea!!  Or, maybe I am a cross-dressing homosexual?

only on Saturdays

Ball of Fury

Speaking of people with stalkers, where is Banshee? Didnt she have someone following her around? I hope she's okay.

I hope so too!  She did post earlier this week if I recall and I think she is just running a lot of miles right now!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ball of Fury

Indy:  I have heard good things about the Go Run!  Great news about Graston...I hope it helps!  Thanks for the advice about the race; I do need to learn that every race doesn't have to be a PR!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sheesh, two pages, guys?  I read but don't expect me to respond! Joking

So, AmiK is a male?

About the Pures, true to size for me too.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Banshee is posting in FB so she is OK!

Damaris

Banshee is posting in FB so she is OK!

I still haven't found this FB group/page.

re: two pages. Work is slow this past couple of days so plenty of time. The Masters is on so my industry is SLOW

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, we don't have a FB group.  If you're interested in the BF FB group PM me.  Banshee is posting on her FB page, or at least i saw earlier this week.

I still haven't found this FB group/page.

re: two pages. Work is slow this past couple of days so plenty of time. The Masters is on so my industry is SLOW

Damaris

DetroitTigerFan

Question - let's say you complete your weekend long run, and for sample purposes - let's say you have a choice of only doing one workout the following week on a 65 degree weekday- which is better from a training  A) 12x400 interval session or B) 8 mile run (includes 4 miles at tempo pace) ?  thanks for thoughts !

modified - assume this is 5 weeks away from a HM Smile

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Ball of Fury

Question - let's say you complete your weekend long run, and for sample purposes - let's say you have a choice of only doing one workout the following week on a 65 degree weekday- which is better from a training  A) 12x400 interval session or B) 8 mile run (includes 4 miles at tempo pace) ?  thanks for thoughts !

I think it depends on what you are training for!  A 5K or 10K, you might benefit more from intervals.  A HM or marathon, I think the tempo run is more beneficial.  What does everyone else think?

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Drove down to Athens and picked up my packet. It's funny how I used to get excited about picking up my packet and stuff. Now it's almost like a job. Its cold now, but it's supposed to be nice by Sunday. Sore throat has diminished. I'm hoping it's gone by Sunday too.

Ami, good luck at your 5k.

DTF, I'd rather do the 8 w/ 4 tempo.

Good luck to any racers this weekend!!!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

I agree - for a HM, I would go with the tempo.

I think it depends on what you are training for!  A 5K or 10K, you might benefit more from intervals.  A HM or marathon, I think the tempo run is more beneficial.  What does everyone else think?

Rusk Runner

DTF - I think 5 weeks out you could go either with a tempo or intervals, just try to keep the miles about the same (8) whichever workout you decide to do.

Cbus - Good Luck tomorrow, and do your best!

Amik - Racing conditions would have been fantastic here this morning.  How say you?!  Your new PR is.....?

Only two more days off before I get my legs doing what I like them to do again.  I am anxious to start running again.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

DetroitTigerFan

Docket - good luck with your race this weekend - hope the weather and dewpoints are good for you - I cant believe its that warm there already

Ami - same to you - hope the wind settles down. That messes with me as well

Cbus - good luck on the run - I hope you're feeling better

Thanks for the feedback on the workout issue I have this week.  I'm leaving for vaca mid next week and there a good chance of rain for all 5 days next week before my trip.  This past week it rained solidly 3 flipping days in a row at 30-40 degrees - so i had one glorious interval session and one really lousy treadmill workout.  I'm sick of treadmill workouts.  I also don't want to run my system down prior to vacation too.  So i may just pick one run for this next week as lame as that sounds.  I know my HM in May I wont PR - since I did that last fall at peak Pfitz training.  It's a challenging cross country HM and I want to do my best and at least hit the same time from last yr (2:01) I still have 5 weeks and I know what's going to happen. The weather will suddenly perk up and it will be training-palloza in May. I just have to make sure I don't risk injury - right now my plan is simple - intervals Tues, Tempo Thurs, LR on weekend. However, if I need to "catch up" i'm debating throwing on another weekday run in there in the spirit of mini-Hansons

If it keeps raining here I may just build a wooden boat - don't worry though - if the earth floods, i'll invite 2 of each donut - lol

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Ball of Fury

Well, good news and bad news!  Good:  3rd overal female so I won my first trophy!  Bad:  I think I was a couple seconds short of a PR.  I messed up my Garmin so I  not 100% sure, but I think I came in at 23:01 or so.  I know I lost a couple seconds grabbing a prize off Scuffy's back ($10 gift card to Dick's...score!) and a couple more when my music stopped playing in the first mile, so I guess I could have PRd by a few seconds but not many.  The truth is, my legs just didn't have it today and I faded pretty badly the last mile..bummed!  I will do a RR later but for now, DH and I are headed for breakfast and to celebrate my birthday.  Oh, he PRd by 51 seconds and won his age group!!  Have a great day Donuts!!