Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

onemile

Sorry it didn't go as well as you'd hoped but overall 3rd female??? That is awesome! Congrats.  And Happy Birthday!

Well, good news and bad news!  Good:  3rd overal female so I won my first trophy!  Bad:  I think I was a couple seconds short of a PR.  I messed up my Garmin so I  not 100% sure, but I think I came in at 23:01 or so.  I know I lost a couple seconds grabbing a prize off Scuffy's back ($10 gift card to Dick's...score!) and a couple more when my music stopped playing in the first mile, so I guess I could have PRd by a few seconds but not many.  The truth is, my legs just didn't have it today and I faded pretty badly the last mile..bummed!  I will do a RR later but for now, DH and I are headed for breakfast and to celebrate my birthday.  Oh, he PRd by 51 seconds and won his age group!!  Have a great day Donuts!!

Ball of Fury

Thanks Jenny!  I was in 2nd until mile 3 and got passed...doh!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

mdawg87

Good morning!  7 miles at the track this morning.  Decided on a marathon pace run.  Ran a w/u lap and then the next 6 at 8:46, 8:52, 8:47, 8:47, 8:47, and 8:39.  Pretty happy with my pacing.  I was inspired by all my friends running Boston on Monday.  So excited for them!

AmiK:  Congrats on the trophy!  Happy birthday!  Oh, and congrats to DH too!  It's a great day in the AmiK house!

onemile:  Taper madness setting in yet?

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Far from a PR but I raced without albuterol for the first time in a 5K.  I was coughing and phlegming all throughout but made it without an attack.  It was 84F and 74 dewpoint, so the charts say it was close to 102F.  Why did I do it?  Ha!

27:22 and 4th in my AG.

Damaris

AmiK - great time especially with the wind conditions. Trophy and placing is a win fo shizzle!!!!! Happy birthday.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

ANOTHER day of no miles. I feel like warmed up manure. I tried last night and lasted .79 miles before my body slapped across the cheek for trying.

I am waaaay over this $#\¥!

Ball of Fury

Thanks Roll, but I came nowhere near your awesome time!!  Guess I will have to take down our HM PR!  I am sorry you are still sick!!!  I just took a tequila shot for you Big grin

Thanks Roll, but I came nowhere near your awesome time!!  Guess I will have to take down our HM PR!  I am sorry you are still sick!!!  I just took a tequila shot for you Big grin

HM PR is on Cool

The tequila shot comment made me smile and then shiver Joking

onemile

D - nice job on the 5k in those conditions

Mdawg -very nice MP run!   I am actually not having too bad of taper madness yet.  1 week to go!

Was Cbus's half marathon today?  Any updates??

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I did an additional 2 miles and heavy weights tonight.  I am still coughing from this morning, but the congestion has lessened.  This is why I barely ever do any speedwork.  Too much after workout congestion.

I have not seen any updates on Cbus.

Damaris

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Decided not to do a shake out run today. Took a nap instead. The race starts tomorrow morning at 8AM. It's about a hour and a half drive. So it might not be until noon before I can post my update.

Ami, congrats on take 3rd place! That's awesome. Do you get a special medal for placing?

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

Oh I was thinking your race was today!  Good luck tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing how you do!

Hey all,

Decided not to do a shake out run today. Took a nap instead. The race starts tomorrow morning at 8AM. It's about a hour and a half drive. So it might not be until noon before I can post my update.

cmb4314

Amik - Congrats on the race!

Cbus - Good luck tomorrow!

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Ball of Fury

CBus:  Good luck today!!  Smash it!

Rusk Runner

Amik - Good Job on your race!  That goes out to your DH also/

Cbus - Best of luck to you once again!  Leave it all on the course!

Onemile - Sounds like you are holding up well through taper.  Yout training has been awesome and you should be very confident.

Lots of running around with DW yesterday and I have some summer projects.  Have to install a water softener most importantly.  Got some basil planted yesterday to keep pesto in the fridge through the symmer.

Will wake up and get a few miles done on the treadmill tomorrow morning.  I will be really happy to get these legs moving again (not behind the lawn mower).

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!