Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

bagopux

Hey all,

I usually don't get too excited about one workout, but I just had an awesome Tempo run. I knew it was going to be a good one when I put in my first mile at 8:11 and it felt EASY. Even though today was 1 mile longer, I knew it was going to be a breeze. In fact I had a real hard time staying on 8:12, so I let my self drift to 8:08-8:10. At the end of mile 6, I was feeling great, so I put in a sprint to the finish and ended up with 7:49ish. In the end, I put in 6 Tempo miles @ 8:07 avg., + wu/cd = 10.2 mi total. Somewhere between last week and this week, I think my body adapted to the training. Now I'm considering lowering my goal by :05. Next week, I'm gonna aim for 8:08 for my Tempo workout.

Aaaah the mystery awesome run.  Love those runs.  Don't go lowering your goal just yet.  Sometimes those things are just one-offs based on a confluence of factors that's hard to discern and harder still to re-create.  Sometimes.  But sometimes they're for realsies.  Patience.

cmb4314

Aaaah the mystery awesome run.  Love those runs.  Don't go lowering your goal just yet.  Sometimes those things are just one-offs based on a confluence of factors that's hard to discern and harder still to re-create.  Sometimes.  But sometimes they're for realsies.  Patience.

I love them too.

I went out for an easy run over Christmas week, and didn't look at my watch until I was about 4 miles in.  If you'd asked me, I'd have told you I was running 10 minute miles based on effort.  When I finally looked down, I was running sub-9s.

That run is my one great hope that MP can actually feel really easy.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

White Lightning

Afternoon all

Amik - great job.

Nachos - You never know.... You may surprise yourself

Cbus - killer job.  I had me one of those today too, crazy feeling of accomplishment

My PR 5k is 38:00 (not a typo) I think i'm almost ready to run another one to see if I can improve a bit on that time.

Me - 8 miles with 4 @ LT.  My warm-up miles were fast for me, 9:11 then 8:39, wasn't paying attention but felt great.  Followed by 4 tempo miles at 7:56, 7:48, 7:50 and 7:37.  Then 2 cool-down.  That 7:37 was me trying to get my HR to the max of Pfitz's range to finish out the miles.  Big win today. I noticed my cadence was up 10 spm over my tempo two weeks ago, ran faster miles and lower HR's.

Play the Game Hard!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

AmiK - my buddy sent it too me.

Jedi:  Where did you get the advanced HM plan?  Is it the same as the HM plan on their website?

cbus - nice tempo! Just think of the advanced Hm plan as a warm-up to hanson 26.2,Smile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Awesome run, Cbus.  I love those days!

Hey all,

I usually don't get too excited about one workout, but I just had an awesome Tempo run. I knew it was going to be a good one when I put in my first mile at 8:11 and it felt EASY. Even though today was 1 mile longer, I knew it was going to be a breeze. In fact I had a real hard time staying on 8:12, so I let my self drift to 8:08-8:10. At the end of mile 6, I was feeling great, so I put in a sprint to the finish and ended up with 7:49ish. In the end, I put in 6 Tempo miles @ 8:07 avg., + wu/cd = 10.2 mi total. Somewhere between last week and this week, I think my body adapted to the training. Now I'm considering lowering my goal by :05. Next week, I'm gonna aim for 8:08 for my Tempo workout.

Ami, coolio! Smile

Jedi, that's why it's called the ADVANCED half marathon plan. Wink

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hmmmm.  A 15 minute PR, maybe?  More?  Go run one now!

Afternoon all

Amik - great job.

Nachos - You never know.... You may surprise yourself

Cbus - killer job.  I had me one of those today too, crazy feeling of accomplishment

My PR 5k is 38:00 (not a typo) I think i'm almost ready to run another one to see if I can improve a bit on that time.

Me - 8 miles with 4 @ LT.  My warm-up miles were fast for me, 9:11 then 8:39, wasn't paying attention but felt great.  Followed by 4 tempo miles at 7:56, 7:48, 7:50 and 7:37.  Then 2 cool-down.  That 7:37 was me trying to get my HR to the max of Pfitz's range to finish out the miles.  Big win today. I noticed my cadence was up 10 spm over my tempo two weeks ago, ran faster miles and lower HR's.

Damaris

nachosgrande

Josh and Cbus - Great tempo workouts!

Ran 3.3 hilly miles during my lunch hour at 9:30ish pace.  I was beat up after running hard last night.  Tomorrow is just a weightlifting day - yay.  Oh, and I've now dropped 9 of the 15 pounds I picked up between October and January.  My goal is to lose another 11-12 pounds, which would get me to my past healthy "lean" weight.  I figure that could help me shave a few seconds off my mile time.  Smile

Trail Monster

Running behind and super tired but I still put in my workout. 10 miles at 10:20 average pace. Worked 4-midnight last night, worked again from 8a-4p today. Got 5 hours of sleep in between shifts. I promised myself my crazy job wouldn't get in the way this time and I'm going to keep that promise. Spring and fall are our busy seasons and they always have screwed up my peak training in years prior. Not this time! Off to take my webinar and then head to bed now!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Rusk Runner

Josh and Cbus - Excellent runs guys!  Nothing like those fitness gains to put some confidence and pride in your tank.  You guys need to race a 5K soon.  I do too.

Jedi - Reprogrammed the Garmin tonight.  Cut all of my rest periods for intervals down to 70% based on a slowest 6:45 mpm pace.  Pfitz pretty well says between 50 to 90% which lands me in the middle of the recommended time.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Cbus and Josh - awesomess!

8 miles for me tonight. 2 with the dog, left foot fell asleep from mile 3 thru 5.5 and then still half asleep for the balance of the run.

9:01

9:28

9:17

9:29

9:32

9:45

8:18

8:09

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Breathing was low but I was still able to do my 11 miles @ 11:03mm.  Not my fastest but as compared to a few months ago, faster than then.

I'm exhausted. Off to bed!

Damaris

chubacca

Are you talking to me too?! I also had an amazing marathon pace run... 9 miles at 4:05-ish pace (9:20), but only the first mile was 9:20. The rest were sub-9:10, with three of the last four miles under 9:00, and it all felt easy!! I suppose waiting to see how I respond to the next week of training is the important thing, though. Smile

Molly Pritz just tweeted that she loves Graston. She must be a donut at heart...

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Morning all.

cbus, chu, josh:  Great runs!  That feeling is awesome!

Yesterday was a busy day with minimal computer time, but I was able to get in two short runs.  3.5 @ 8:10 at lunch, and 5 @ 8:56 right after work.  I've been trying to push the pace a bit to make sure I fall within my McMillan pace ranges for easy runs (which off of my half PR is 8:02-9:02); otherwise I fall into a metronome-like range of 9-9:20.  The lunch runs this week, which have all been sub-8:30 pace have really felt good, and I haven't felt like I was running that fast at all.  Now the goal is to see if I can keep that up over runs longer than four miles.

Sprinkles and anyone else further up the east coast, stay safe in the snow!  It is just pouring rain here on the southern edge of the storm.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

onemile

Jealous of all you people who are having amazing runs!  I want one!  Smile

We got about 5 inches of snow last night so I did my 10 miles at the indoor track.  I have an easy 6 planned for tonight. I might cut it short at 4 though since my race is tomorrow morning.

The forecast has changed now to 10*, feels like 0.  What would you wear to race a 15k in those temps?

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! Got in a solid 7+ miles this morning on the faster side of easy at a avg pace of 8:10. legs really felt like moving this morning which surprised me after yesterday's tempo run. Busy weekend with family. Good luck to anyone racing.

josh - nice LT run

nacho - hills are goodness.Smile Some coaches say they are just the same thing as a good track workout.

Banshee - nice job on the 10 miler especially with crazy work schedule

indi - that looks good to me,

Rollcast - maybe you should get that checked out.

chub - nice MP run

Flinders - that was how my run was this morning too

onemile - never run on a indoor track before

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???