Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

onemile

And Jedi - I can't run 11 on the treadmill.  I get knee/ankle pain when I do anything over an hour.  I could do it at the indoor track though.

Smashy!!!

I got to run at easy pace yesterday vs. you having to run at LR pace.  I don't think I would attempt it after my LR day.

That's why I'm saying get it done today, if you can. (But mind your pace!)

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Problem solved then. Wish i had an indoor track I could use.

And Jedi - I can't run 11 on the treadmill.  I get knee/ankle pain when I do anything over an hour.  I could do it at the indoor track though.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did you run yesterday?  Was that the 14 miler?  My only worry is that your legs might still be tired.  But if you feel up to it, do them today.

Question.. our weather this week is supposed to suck majorly - starting tomorrow (23mph wind and snow). My schedule says 8 easy for tonight and tomorrow is my first strength run (11 miles with 6x1 mile at MP-10 seconds per mile). My last few days (starting with yesterday and working back) have been 10ez,10ez,6ez,14 w/ 8 at MP. Should I switch today's and tomorrow's runs so I can do the strength run when it's nice out or just do the strength run at the indoor track? (I sorta wanted to do these outside.)

cbus - that's how I feel about the long runs. I think running the distance is no big deal but the pace can make it more of a workout for sure. I have no problem running that pace on a good day but some days it's a little more of a struggle.  Nice weekly miles btw.

akalei - nice pace on the 14 - very speedy!

indi - good on the 17!  hope you enjoy the rest.

dtf - looks like I'm getting payback on the snow this week! ugh - in the forecast for three days this week. so ready to be done with winter.

flinders - great mileage this week!

Damaris

onemile

No, you have it backwards. Yesterday was 10.  Saturday: 10, Friday: 6, Thursday: 14.

Did you run yesterday?  Was that the 14 miler?  My only worry is that your legs might still be tired.  But if you feel up to it, do them today.

Ball of Fury

One mile:  Yeah, I was confused and thought you did the 14 with MP miles yesterday.  I would definitely do it today then.

CBus:  I am glad I'm not the only one with fried legs....seriously, my pace on my 5 this morning was something like 10:13 and I truthfully don't know if I could have gone faster even if I wanted to!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Smashy!!!

One mile:  Yeah, I was confused and thought you did the 14 with MP miles yesterday.  I would definitely do it today then.

CBus:  I am glad I'm not the only one with fried legs....seriously, my pace on my 5 this morning was something like 10:13 and I truthfully don't know if I could have gone faster even if I wanted to!

I think I'll be lucky to be that fast today, seriously.

Ball of Fury

I am just hoping the plan continues to work and we are good for Speed and Strength tomorrow!  I just realized I am going to have to get to the track by 4 AM tomorrow to fit my workout in before work Cry

I think I'll be lucky to be that fast today, seriously.

onemile

10:15 for a Monday run after LR day is completely normal for me. And somehow I'm always ready for Speed (and Strength).  The plan is really genius - they really give you just exactly the right amount of recovery to hit the next workout.

I am just hoping the plan continues to work and we are good for Speed and Strength tomorrow!  I just realized I am going to have to get to the track by 4 AM tomorrow to fit my workout in before work Cry

Smashy!!!

10:15 for a Monday run after LR day is completely normal for me. And somehow I'm always ready for Speed (and Strength).  The plan is really genius - they really give you just exactly the right amount of recovery to hit the next workout.

I've found this to be the case, too. And I'm hoping it continues this week. Last week was tough (tougher than I expected), and 13 will be brutal. This week is a bit of a cutback week, so I'm hoping it gets me ready for next week.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes, guys.  Recovery runs are slow for a reason.  Just run the pace your legs want that day.  They are telling you somethign.  Don't get too hung up on the number.

Damaris

Smashy!!!

Yes, guys.  Recovery runs are slow for a reason.  Just run the pace your legs want that day.  They are telling you somethign.  Don't get too hung up on the number.

Who's getting hung up on a number? Maybe I'm misinterpreting the conversation, but I don't think anyone is complaining or worrying about their recovery pace, just sharing about them.

Ball of Fury

Exactly!  I was not at all concerned about my pace this morning, just about how dead my legs were!

Who's getting hung up on a number? Maybe I'm misinterpreting the conversation, but I don't think anyone is complaining or worrying about their recovery pace, just sharing about them.

onemile

Yup. And I think it's cool that we are all doing the same plan so we can share our experiences. (even though some of you are doing the HM plan - it's the same pattern of workouts).

For me the Monday after LR day is slow slow slow but by Tuesday I am ready to hit the intervals.  Wednesday's rest is enough that I can manage the MP run and then Friday is another slow slow slow.  Sometimes Saturday too.  But by Sunday I'm ready to run the faster LR pace.  And then having the "cutback" weekends is a very nice break, every other week.

Yay Hansons! Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oops, then I misread it.

I agree with onemile, I like reading all your experiences with Hanson.  It gives me hope for when I dare try it.  I cannot wait to read about all of your results come race day.

Damaris