Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Ball of Fury

CBus:  Nice job!  I just realized we only have one interval workout left and then it's on to strength...I am excited but nervous!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

DOMS is sitting in - about to head to the gym for 5 easy miles to make it to 10 for the day- no speedwork this week.  4 easy on the TM tomorrow and then hopefully I will be okay for 11 on Thursday- work schedule should ease up by then.  I have court in the morning early and then a meeting at 7pm, so I think I'll try to squeeze this in at noon eek!  That'll be a rareity.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

mdawg87

Cbus don't forget you peer pressured me into signing up for a 5k saying you would do one too and the next day you backed out, just sayin.... Wink

Very easy 8 at 10:13 and only 65% HHR on some very tired legs to start but started feeling better after the 6 mile mark.  Fresh snow last night, blah.  So far Fitzgerald's new book is a pretty good read.

I read a good bit of the book on the plane each way.  I'm on chapter 9 now.  I agree that it's an easy read with logical premises.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Roll, those soccer dudes in your meme look like they're saying, "WTF?5k?"

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Thanks guys for the encouragement, but I don't think Obi Wan Kenobi could convince me to race a 5k at this point.

OBK: (Waves his hand across my face) This is the race you are looking for...

Me: no its not.

OBK: yes, it is...

Me: No, it's not.

OBK: (Grows impatient) YES, IT is...

Me: Look old man, I know what you're trying to do, and it just ain't gonna work. Now get your droids and get the f-- off my lawn.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

3 miles only.  I didn't want to overdo it when my sacrum is still out of place.  Ouch.  Off to bed.

Damaris

Smashy!!!

Good morning Donuts!

Todays my SRD.

Hope everyone has a great day of running!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

AmiK - you could always subsitute a 5k for speedwork that week like Luke describes in book. Still getting your work in and you get to re-set your training paces too.

Jedi:  My 5K pr is from last April and I "think" I can beat that but not sure by how much so I am using a 22:30 for my interval paces.  Given my ITB and it's the first time I have really done speedwork, I didn't want to get too aggressive, but wanted it to be a challenge.  I would really like to run one soon to see where I stand, but it's hard to fit in without messing up my training schedule.

CBus:  What if I challenge you to a 5K run-off?  Would that be enough to goad you into running one?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! 10+m in the books w/3x2m@T w/2min rec on the mill. it was really crappy this morning with the rain and wind so took it inside. Played with incline some ranging from 0.0-3,0% grade. 6:58, 6:53, and 6:53 for 3x. My T pace is 6:55, but can't set mill for that so it averages out this way. Hay is in the barn as they say. Start 10-day taper for HM tomorrow. Looking at my log I've run 72.5m the last 7-days so I really need to taper a bit.Smile

Good running all!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

Jedi:  Good point!  I have the 10K next weekend to try to improve a seeding level for the half, but maybe in April I can do a local 5K.  Nice run this morning....you are so fast!!

CBus:  Enjoy SRD and get ready for tempo tomorrow!

Docket:  Hope your back is feeling better!

MDawg:  Hope you had a safe trip home!

Sprinkles:  Hope your soreness is better and that you get your lunch time run in!

SRD for me also.  Supposed to do Shoulders and Arms when I get home but we will see....going on 25 hours right now and I will at least be here until 1 or 2 so I may just go to bed!  Have a great day all!

mdawg87

Good morning!  Back to the grind although DH and I are both glad to be back in our routines.  Abs and cycling at the gym this morning.  I am so looking forward to my Saturday run.  It will be my first one outside since I got injured in December.  It may only be on the high school track, but it won't be on the TM.  If I can handle an hour of easy running on the TM, I surely can do the same on the track without killing myself.

5K related:  I'm in the cbus camp in that I don't like them.  It's not the hurt they put on you for me, it's the total time they take up for such a short running distance.  Get to the event, wait around for the start, run, hang out a little after, go home.  It takes up too much time and I'm such a schedule driven person!  Guess I should relax and just enjoy the racing fun.  Maybe I should do the warm up/cool down thing before and after the race.  That might help me reconcile the "time spent" in my mind.

Sprinkles/Docket:  Feel better!

Jedi:  Nice paces.  Don't know if I'll ever see a "6" at the front of any of my mile times...unless I'm being chased by a wild animal.

AmiK:  I vote for sleep.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

onemile

Cbus - run a 5k!!!!!!  Wink

Amik - I found strength to be easier than the 5k intervals but I'm doing full plan - I think HMP-10 seconds a mile would be a lot tougher workout.

Sprinkles  - whatever ya got to do to get it done!

Damaris - hope you feel better soon.

I ended up deciding to take my rest day yesterday. We got a huge blizzard and dumping of snow and road conditions were horrible. I didn't even want to drive to the indoor track.  It's still snowing today so I have to decide if I want to do 8 easy outside tonight or go to the indoor track.  If I go to the indoor track, I'm thinking I should do my MP run (14 with 8 at MP) because the forecast for tomorrow is for 22 mpw winds and I don't want to do two indoor track days in a row (my ITBs are delicate)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Cbus - run a 5k!!!!!!  Wink  

^This!!!!

onemile - have a great tempo tonite. Smart move switching it up. way to be flexible with your plan.

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

Onemile:  Enjoy the tempo!  I am a bit nervous about the pace for strength.  I know I can run 6 miles @ 7:5bc because that's my 10K PR pace but that was a race...just hope I can hit it in training!

Smashy!!!

Don't worry about it Ami. You'll be able to hit your paces. And you might even find you can do more (though I would discourage you from doing that unless you decided to lower your goal pace). I'm not saying it'll be easy, because they are not. But I know you'll be able to do them.

Onemile:  Enjoy the tempo!  I am a bit nervous about the pace for strength.  I know I can run 6 miles @ 7:5bc because that's my 10K PR pace but that was a race...just hope I can hit it in training!