Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Question:  I've just started the taper (using Hansons' 20 wk 40-60mpw) plan for the Shamrock full.  But I'd like to do a 10k next weekend.  the question is how to rearrange the schedule.

Current schedule for next week is:

Sun: 12m

Mon: 5mw8x10s (strides)

Tue: 2wu+2(2m@1/2MPw1mr)+2cd  (2mile repeats at 1/2M pace)

Wed: SRD

Thu:  2wu+8MP+2cd

Fri:  4

Sat: off

So, I'll do a 10k on Saturday, take Friday and Thursday off.  Now, should I due the Tuesday intervals or replace them with the marathon pace run that was scheduled for Thursday.  Also, I'll probably won't take Wednesday as an SRD but will probably do something like 3 on the treadmill.

The 10k is eight days before the Shamrock.

onemile

In Hansons book, they advise you drop the thursday Tempo (MP) run and keep the tuesday intervals if you are racing. So that's what I would do.

Question:  I've just started the taper (using Hansons' 20 wk 40-60mpw) plan for the Shamrock full.  But I'd like to do a 10k next weekend.  the question is how to rearrange the schedule.

So, I'll do a 10k on Saturday, take Friday and Thursday off.  Now, should I due the Tuesday intervals or replace them with the marathon pace run that was scheduled for Thursday.  Also, I'll probably won't take Wednesday as an SRD but will probably do something like 3 on the treadmill.

Smashy!!!

I wouldn't race a 10k a week before my full. But if you do anyway, then +1 to Onemile.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

Ok, that is legit. I don't want to do one right now because I want to keep my training disruptions to a minimum and yes, cumulative fatigue!

Hey all,

Got 7 tempo miles on tap today. I'm gonna keep my wu/cd shorter again.

Seriously, as far as 5ks, I won't be doing any races until my April HM. I'm in week 12 of my training plan, and cumulative fatigue is setting in. Week 13 and 15 are beasts, and I feel I'll need all the cutting back I get during week 16-18 to be ready for this race. So, I don't want to throw everything out of whack by racing a 5k. Training for fall marathon begins somewhere in June. That gives me about a month, month and a half, to fit in a 5k. So, I promise, I'll say "YES" to racing a 5k during that time!!! Joking

But I will hold you to this promise ^^

Smashy!!!

Ok, that is legit. I don't want to do one right now because I want to keep my training disruptions to a minimum and yes, cumulative fatigue!

But I will hold you to this promise ^^

Wait a minute! That doesn't sound like me!

onemile

Got my 14 w/ 8 at MP done at the track last night.  So 8 easy it is for tonight.

Smashy!!!

Got my 14 w/ 8 at MP done at the track last night.  So 8 easy it is for tonight.

Nice job. But your pace was a touch fast. Pace discipline.

In Hansons book, they advise you drop the thursday Tempo (MP) run and keep the tuesday intervals if you are racing. So that's what I would do.

Ok, thanks much.  Guess that's what I'll do. (.... unless I chicken out of running the 10k.)

Smashy!!!

Okay, I went back to my manager, and this is my best offer. If all the female donuts race a 5k in a bikini and all the male donuts race one in a Speedo, then I'll race one too. (picture proof is necessary.)

onemile

so have you picked out a 5k yet? Joking

Nice job. But your pace was a touch fast. Pace discipline.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Thought I had posted earlier.  I went to the doctor and got my allergy shot done this morning and so far, so good.  Planning on 10-13 as my MLR for the week but I am sure it will be 10 since I never have more than 2 hours to run.  We'll see.

LOL.  Again the grumpy cat picture!  I'm going to say NO too!

No.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's a no!

Okay, I went back to my manager, and this is my best offer. If all the female donuts race a 5k in a bikini and all the male donuts race one in a Speedo, then I'll race one too. (picture proof is necessary.)

Damaris

Ball of Fury

I can't decide if it's a no because I don't want to do a 5K in a bikini OR I don't want to see the speedo pics....probably both!!  And shame on you Damaris and Jedi...causing all that drama in the dailies thread Big grin

That's a no!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Hehe yes. I wasn't going to bring it up here but : popcorn :

Jedi, I don't want to speak for everyone, but I'm not looking for cheerleading. I'm looking for honest, helpful feedback.  So thank you!

I can't decide if it's a no because I don't want to do a 5K in a bikini OR I don't want to see the speedo pics....probably both!!  And shame on you Damaris and Jedi...causing all that drama in the dailies thread Big grin

And so not going to run a 5k in a bikini. Ya'll don't want to see that.  And yeah, split shorts will do fine. Leave SOMETHING to the imagination.

Ball of Fury

+1 to One mile...all of it!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15