Sub-4 Marathon Group

Gear and shoes (CBus' world) (Read 80 times)

Smashy!!!

this thing is approx 6 months old, maybe. Probably more like 3-4 months.

Then, can't help you. Try the hard reset. But if that doesn't work, then I don't know what to say.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

cmb4314

this thing is approx 6 months old, maybe. Probably more like 3-4 months.

Is it still under warranty then?  If draining it/refilling it doesn't reset the battery gauge and solve the problem, you should call Garmin.  They will probably send you a new watch for free.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

White Lightning

Roll, I have a 910 and the battery was shot within about a month after recieving it.  Garmin replaced it no questions asked, was just a two week turn around.  I only sent the watch back and they sent a whole new unit, box and everything, so I have two of everything which is kind of nice

Play the Game Hard!

DetroitTigerFan

So what's everyone using for hydration gear these days ?

• I use an obsolete Camelpak Catalyst for short races and runs under 10 miles
          • For longer runs I use amphipod lite belt (velcro) with 2 bottles and an added on storage pouch for food items,etc....

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Ball of Fury

I pretty much just wear my Camelbak  for all runs.  I have a hydration belt (some cheap brand from Wal-mart....had a Nathan and an Amphipod but didn't love them) but rarely use it.  For races, I just use my Spi-belt for fuel and on course hydration.  I do have a to core try cool Camelbak jersey I wear for longer trail races and obstacle races that have few (if any) water stops.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

White Lightning

I've tried my camelbak and I have a fuel belt that holds 4 bottles but I always go back to regular 12 oz water bottles and just carry one in my hand for each 5-6 mile loop, set them on the hood on my car, grab one each time I pass by.

Play the Game Hard!

I've tried my camelbak and I have a fuel belt that holds 4 bottles but I always go back to regular 12 oz water bottles and just carry one in my hand for each 5-6 mile loop, set them on the hood on my car, grab one each time I pass by.

I want to do this but as a germaphob I am paranoid that passers-by may tamper with my water/fluids

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

****MIZUNO PEOPLE**** check out the clearance

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-SALETHINGM.html

Ball of Fury

If anyone orders from runningwarehouse, I have a permanent 15% off code!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

nachosgrande

I don't bring water on any run less than 10 miles.  Anything over that and I bring two small (10oz?) handhelds.  I've tried the fuel belt thing and I hate it.

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

• I use an obsolete Camelpak Catalyst for short races and runs under 10 miles
                        • For longer runs I use amphipod lite belt (velcro) with 2 bottles and an added on storage pouch for food items,etc....

I use a fuelbelt - not sure what the brand is - its turquoise and has two small bottles on it. Doesn' bother me so much in the winter but in the summer it chafes like crazy.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

LCanida

LC Runs

I didn't use a fuel belt until training for the 50K Trail Run.. I normally just work a water stop in my running route.  There has been so many water stops during the marathons i've ran that i hadn't needed to carry a hydration belt.  I do wear a spi belt during the marathon that carries gu.

Thanks Rollcast for the heads up from Runners Warehouse... I've became a hardcore  Mizuno gal!!  Was brand loyal with asics until I finally realized the narrow shoe was causing me blisters, tried Brooks, tried the Mizuno for the pretty color, and won't be going back.  I have a fresh new pair waiting on me to break them in Smile

RW has Mens Ronin on clerance for $50 and Mens Musha for $55. FYI > Mizuno lovers

Cross posted:

Well until Mizuno comes up with a decent successor to the Wave Universe 3 (or the 4 without the heel lip) I'll keep trying other shoes.  I just ordered a pair of Merrell Men's Sonic Glove Barefoot Running Shoes. (Interesting, why doesn't that link appear as a link?)  Zero heel/toe drop.  Smile

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Rollcast - $42 if you use FB15D code. Just bought another pair of Ronins yesterday and some Balega socks too.Smile

RW has Mens Ronin on clerance for $50 and Mens Musha for $55. FYI > Mizuno lovers

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???